Interlinking Owned Sites

Do you interlink your topically relevant sites?

• Total voters

harrytwatter

just be nice ffs
Degree
Doing some niche keyword research today and snatched up some really juicy EMDs within the same niche.

While I'm aware the big dogs get away with linking up their owned properties all the time (https://detailed.com/google-control/) I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this on a smaller scale?

Obviously, there are inherent dangers with linking up your sites if they are not topically related. However, if they are all sub-variants of a single niche I ponder if inter-linking would actually make sense?

For example, a motorcycle site, a car site and a boat site should not link to each other, under normal circumstances. However, what if you had websites covering JDM cars, German tuner cars, and American low-riders. Would it be safe to link these up given they're all under the same "car tuning" umbrella and users very well may have interest in the related sites?

I know the fear around interlinking of owned properties, just curious where the BoSu community stands on the issue.

Link your sites together strategically.

Why would there even be a discussion about not doing that.
Its not even about google rankings.
You'd have to be a true blue idiot to not cross promote your stuff.

Its only a pbn if you don't have a real audience.

I do.
If the content is relevant, of course.
however, all my sites follow new and old school rules.

1) unique IP
2) different hosting accounts
3) rich in organic content

I do.
If the content is relevant, of course.
however, all my sites follow new and old school rules.

1) unique IP
2) different hosting accounts
3) rich in organic content
Different google analytics/search console?

Different google analytics/search console?

I don't even focus on analytics too much honestly.

Some of my sites don't have it. I don't even worry about search traffic. I foucs on social media traffic and then the site generally starts ranking.

I do hav 2 similar sites on the same analytics account that are big for me. Same brand, differet content. Not a single problem. They both rank.

Definitely, but the real question imo is if you can crosslink both ways.

It used to be a big no-no in SEO, but I'm not so sure. It is page by page level algo mostly, why would it really be a problem?

Definitely, but the real question imo is if you can crosslink both ways.

It used to be a big no-no in SEO, but I'm not so sure. It is page by page level algo mostly, why would it really be a problem?
Only if you were reading plonker SEO gurus on white hat forums. OMG, the earth is falling, Matt Cutts implied that reciprocal links are bad.

In every 'reciprocal link exchange', there is one page (site) which gets a greater benefit and one page (site) which gets a lesser benefit. It is never a 'you give me one link dollar and I'll give you one link dollar' exchange. Therefore the link exchange and calculation is never 'reciprocal'. Preferably, being someone who is somewhat knowledgeable about web things, one would want to be on the favourable side of the exchange.

However, both sides of the exchange benefit in relation to someone who is not taking part in any exchange (because of anchor text, increased exposure, relevant neighbourhoods, link diversity and all of the other good stuff we know how to do).

Back