Interesting Read On Facebook Pages

Jared

Breaking the Shackles of a Lifetime of Bummery
Degree
Facebook Content Creators Fight Back Against Site Censorship as Pages Removed

A group of nearly a thousand of Facebook’s top page owners are attempting to put a halt to the site’s increasing censorship.
“I have lost 4.3 million likes on one of my pages with a reach of over 183 million daily, and was gaining approximately 15,000 fans weekly,” claimed page owner Jason Karpowich, who has allegedly lost around four other pages with 1 million likes each, and around 50 with between 100,000 and 500,000 likes. “Overall, with all of the Facebook page purges, I lost around 12 million fans and with the loss of these pages a few families have lost their income due to these unjust Facebook purges/unpublishings.”

“We have been trying to contact Facebook for months to no avail,” he continued. “The only response you get is from a bot and auto response, so we formed a group called #PowerToThePages to get the Facebook page owners together.”

Social media entrepreneur and WTF Magazine owner Jason M. Fyk, who is also a part of the #PowerToThePages group, told Breitbart Tech that Facebook’s purge of pages meant that he had to let go of his former employees and rethink his business steps after they reduced his traffic substantially. He was even sanctioned by the site for posting a picture of Family Guy cartoon star Peter Griffin dancing while holding his digital man-boobs.

“Facebook literally saved my life. I wouldn’t be where I am right now in life and for that I thank Mark Zuckerberg directly, but don’t take away freedom of thought and expression,” said Fyk, who used to reportedly make around $275,000 a month from his Facebook page business. “Facebook has become something far more than just a business. People’s lives are effected by it. It supports single parents and gives some people outlets to express who they are. You’re hurting family’s both those that post and those that view our content. Please reconsider your . . .

There's more at the link. Just be prepared for ad overload.

These guys must not have been around for the million other Web 2.0 sites that "killed muh incomes." The article marketing days left many bloodied and on the verge of death. Hubpages was a source of endless tears. Squidoo... I can't even remember them all. Examiner recently.

giphy.gif

Listening to parts of the video, and reading parts of the interview...ridiculous. Talking like children having a tantrum.

Wow. A friend lost his page.

He earned like $4k-$6k a month on it as of december and was growing. FB just deleted it.

I've read several stories over the holidays about this. Pretty tragic loss for some.

I don't know what is this about? Is facebook deleting pages? What kinds of pages?

I run several pages with several million fans each and I just saw this news.. Any other links than this article??

I just want to see if any of my pages are crossing any lines

Back