Interesting eCommerce email capture

Degree
Saw something today that I hadn't seen before:

27fi7J9.png

I thought it was an interesting take on the standard exit-intent email capture popup. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else was using something like this and if so, any effects it has had on conversions.

I think may favorite part of this might be that, like real gambling machines, this thing could be rigged to whatever probability you want (like anyone's getting that 90% off coupon....). This thing could be a better lead magnet than just offering a coupon, possibly without ever having to provide a coupon in the end.

Anyway, thought I'd share.

Yeah, been seeing that on a lot of Shopify sites last few months. Must be some plugin going viral

The real ticket is the urgency. "You only get 15 minutes to use your discount." If the prices on the products aren't high enough to create a hurdle in the funnel, then that should definitely get you some extra sales. The problem then becomes getting that person to ever buy again without a discount. But you have them on your list now for Cyber Monday and Black Friday at least, where discounts abound.

I use this plugin for my own store to help drive more sales from first-time visitors. Visitors don't know, but every spin will win something. There are slots that say "Almost", but no one ever loses.

f2be9bd3ec.png

It can help you capture a lot of emails, but I go further and only email those who:
  1. Buy something
  2. Double Opted into another mailing list
EDIT: It's called Wheelio and it's for Shopify as far as I know

Back