Informational Post with Affiliate Links - Crawled But Not Indexed in Search Console

Degree
One of my more recent posts on a purely informational topic but peppered with affiliate links where they were relevant got kicked out of the serps and into the crawled but not indexed category. It clearly stated that this is not an error.

I know there is talk about an indexation bug but I have a feeling that it may not be a bug. Thoughts?

Thanks

One of my more recent posts on a purely informational topic but peppered with affiliate links where they were relevant got kicked out of the serps and into the crawled but not indexed category. It clearly stated that this is not an error.

I know there is talk about an indexation bug but I have a feeling that it may not be a bug. Thoughts?

Thanks

I have a site with almost 150 pages, of which 50+ are ranking top 3 in Google. I do not have a single "money post" as in a "best of, top x for y or review post". Every single one of them is an informational post with affiliate links peppered in. I have not noticed any big changes. Perhaps there is something else going on, or it is a very new post that Google is just figuring out how to rank.

I would give it some time if I were you and see what happens.

I have a site with almost 150 pages, of which 50+ are ranking top 3 in Google. I do not have a single "money post" as in a "best of, top x for y or review post". Every single one of them is an informational post with affiliate links peppered in. I have not noticed any big changes. Perhaps there is something else going on, or it is a very new post that Google is just figuring out how to rank.

I would give it some time if I were you and see what happens.

Thank you for that response. I will definitely wait and see what happens.

Since you don't write typical "money posts", what is the length of the articles you post? I am following a similar strategy and usually write pieces that are fewer than 1500 words.

Thanks

I have a few sites that are 100% 'best of' posts that are peppered with affiliate links. No problems ranking.

Thank you for that response. I will definitely wait and see what happens.

Since you don't write typical "money posts", what is the length of the articles you post? I am following a similar strategy and usually write pieces that are fewer than 1500 words.

It really depends on what the topicis. If it is a very small and specific topic, like an answer to a question, it would be around 1200-1500 words. But I also have how-to guides that are 4000 words. Average would be around 1800-2000.

Thanks

One of my new sites is like this. Over 100 pages in the crawled but not indexed category. I manually submitted them all and they started popping into the index, but now the majority of them are not indexed again. I’ve never had this problem on previous sites.

I have a few sites that are 100% 'best of' posts that are peppered with affiliate links. No problems ranking.

How old are these sites? I’m thinking big G has changed things to make it harder to get new sites even indexed until a certain threshold has passed.

Back