Include social sharing on money pages, or keep it focused on conversion only?

Sutra

Investor and Business Mentor
BuSo Pro
Degree
I'm a busy bee creating money pages. I'm wondering about your thoughts/experience with using social sharing on money pages.

Right now I have it set up in three levels like this:

1) Typical Viral post. Contains social sharing, display ads, native ads, and multiple links to various other viral posts and to a "mid viral post".

Links to >>
2) Mid Viral Post (kind of like a review of multiple products created with viral intent). This post contains social sharing but no ads, sidebar, or native ads. And no links to other viral articles. This article is created around a keyword that attracts people still in the research phase. It does contain several conversion links and one link to a pure money page.

Links to >>
3) Pure Money Page (like an in-depth review of just one product). No social sharing. No ads. No sidebar. No Native ads bottom. The ONLY link is a conversion link.

The top dogs in the serps, within my niche, do not include social sharing on the Pure Money Page. Makes sense. Want the focus on converting, not sharing.

However, none of them have the social presence that I do. Thus, they do not have the ability to get the social signals that I do. The downside of that is the social traffic will convert horribly. The only reason I'd send the social traffic directly to a Pure Money Page is to get the social sharing signals (to hopefully get a serp boost).

The main purpose of the money page is to attracts search engine traffic with buyers intent. Adding social sharing would dilute their focus on the page, but perhaps give me an edge in the serps.

Thus my question: Do you think I should include social sharing on the Pure Money Page?

I have social share buttons on all my pages. Useful content gets shared and those social signals will help it rank.

Is this action more important than optimizing your funnel?

If you implement your social buttons so they don't impact your conversions at all (A/B test), then what is there to loose?

I would say do not include social sharing on money pages. I don't even include the navigation and header options to exit the page :evil: Money landing pages are designed for one thing and one thing only: convert the user at the highest rate especially if sending paid traffic.

It is a double edged sword. I typically have buttons like normal, and after they complete the purchase, I have a click to share button that inserts a hashtag and shares the landing page URL.

I have noticed that people like to share quality stuff. If you are selling something you would share and are confident in the product you are selling I would keep them.

Each share is another chance for someone out there to see your money page. Also as stated above, the added SEO benefits are there as well.

Back