In search of cheesy motivational videos

Degree
I'm not feeling fired up and its been like this for a week. I think self-improvement gurus and motivational speakers are lame usually but I'm willing to try anything to kick this slump. Does anyone know any amazing speeches I could check out?

If you can download the audio book of Grant Cardone's The Ten X Rule, it gets me so insanely fired up about work and success. It's 7.5 hours of pure adrenaline and truth. It's so killer that I added the book to my Amazon wish-list just to be able to go through it deeper and slower.

^^ I've seen this countless times since the first time someone sent it to like 5 years ago.

If you can download the audio book of Grant Cardone's The Ten X Rule, it gets me so insanely fired up about work and success. It's 7.5 hours of pure adrenaline and truth. It's so killer that I added the book to my Amazon wish-list just to be able to go through it deeper and slower.

I decided to download this and give it a whirl. Dude, thanks for fucking up the last 8 hours that I should have been sleeping...

"Mastery" & "The 48 Laws of Power" by Robert Greene provide some great topics that are relevant to the world we compete in. "The Obstacle is the Way" by Ryan Holiday has also been interesting. The key is to always be filling up with good info...

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to download this and give it a whirl. Dude, thanks for fucking up the last 8 hours that I should have been sleeping...

I know! It's so intense. The levels of energy this guy puts off is infectious. And his logic and reasoning is extremely sound, but the demands are crazy. "Challenge Accepted!" Ten X, baby, WOOOO!

"Mastery" & "The 48 Laws of Power" by Robert Greene provide some great topics that are relevant to the world we compete in. "The Obstacle is the Way" by Ryan Holiday has also been interesting. The key is to always be filling up with good info...

I want to read all of Robert Greene's stuff. Anything with political strategy is great. Other good ones include:

Thick Face Black Heart by Chin-Ning Chu (thanks to @CCarter for turning me on to this a while back)

A Clever Rabbit Has Three Hiding Places by Chao-Hsui Chen

The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco
(I'll never stop pushing this book. It's the clearest, most potent view of entrepreneurship ever.)

"One of my all time favorite scenes, it talks about the struggle in the rise to the top, not having a backup plan to hold you back, since so many people use that as an excuse to not succeed."

@CCarter I absolutely agree, I personally think that dark knight series have some good life insights, for getting over your fear and excuses. The last one especially.

That Dark Knight scene reminds me of one from Gattaca.

These two brothers are always competing with one another, and one's a world-class swimmer due to his genetic modifications. It's a sci-fi. The other brother is a normal non-modified human. The super-human asshole brother challenges the normal brother to a swimming race to this island. The normal brother beats him, incredibly, while swimming through giant waves and a crazy storm.

They are now at this island and the modified brother asks, "How did you beat me? It's impossible!"

And the normal brother says, "I didn't save any energy for the swim back."

Alternatively,
Do you have old friends?

Call some of them and arrange some informal meeting with a couple of your old buddies. When you meey don't talk too much and try to listen instead. What are these people's issues? What they are doing for a living? Are they lazy? - when you see someone complaining about not having too much time to work on solving his problems you could see yourself in someone else's personality..

.. then suddenly a healthy feeling will start rising within your soul and you'll want to quit this meeting and get back to work, because you've reminded yourself why you've taken these important decisions a few days/weeks/months/years ago.

It works for me, it should work for you as well.

This should do it:

dummy
I'm not feeling fired up and its been like this for a week. I think self-improvement gurus and motivational speakers are lame usually but I'm willing to try anything to kick this slump. Does anyone know any amazing speeches I could check out?

Here is some motivation. Quit being a fuckin bitch and get out there and make some money. Why? Because nobody gives a shit about you feeling like you're in a slump. So if you want to be worthless, just keep sitting there in your "slump" while we all cash in due to your absence and then laugh about you being poor and homeless because you're a pussy.

When you are feeling "unmotivated" you come back to this post, admit you're a pussy who doesn't deserve anything the way you're acting currently and then you get back to the grind. You can even PM me when you're balling out so I know to fuck off.

In regards to Tim's post above, I'm not usually a fan of the "get over it" type of advice when related to psychology because it's never that simple. But at the same time, I know that if you wait around for internal and external circumstances to be in alignment before you take action, they never will.

It's kind of like depression and anxiety. "I don't feel like doing anything, so I don't." But, if you start doing things AS IF you feel like doing it, you'll start to notice that you do enjoy the activities, and the anhedonia goes away and you begin to crave activity again.

I feel like that's what Tim is saying. If you wait to feel motivated, forget about it. If you get out there and create success to be motivated about, all of the sudden you're motivated. Motivation is tied to the action it's supposed to inspire. It's a strange self-referential loop. Taking the first step, getting past the first hurdle... that's usually all it takes before you're on a hot streak. Getting started is always the hardest part.

If this doesn't work then I don't know what will.

Back