Impressions Low then Died

Degree
Hi Everyone

This site was started in December 2020 and had 50 articles on a domain I have had for year's but it's never had anything on it.

All the articles are 1000-1500 words on average.

I then added another product in the vertical and 3 weeks later.. boom... impressions completely died.

Is this normal as now the site is dead at the moment.

Maybe the wrong thing to do, but I moved and redirected the original 50 articles to their own niche domain and the impressions took off on the domain I moved them to.

Would adding two products that aren't totally related in a niche but are in a vertical cause impressions to drop, maybe Google is trying to work out what my site is about?

My keyword research is grand but not getting anything from either GKR keywords to my own research using Ahref's or SERPWoo.

There's no mention of any penalty on the domain in Webmaster Tools. I do remember when I entered the original niche before Penguin it had very little then boom once it suddenly got 200 uniques a day then grew from there but so many here seem to get to 6-8 months and their sites are spanking the rankings.

Do you think this is a continue to build and waiting game?

Thanks everyone

Rob

Impressions.jpg

Looks strange, but difficult to comment, because the site is so new and has so little traffic.

My guess is you got hit by an update, Google did their Product Review Update on April 8th, which seems to correspond to the time your traffic tanked.

Thanks Bernard.

Ah, I should learn to keep up to date with the updates then.

The way I was seeing it, if I built quality then it wouldn't matter... as much

A little more wet behind the ears needs removing then :smile:

Thanks again, appreciate your input v much.

@Rob Stone, looking at the timing of your graph, I'd say you got hit by the Product Reviews update. Is it safe to say that the majority of your content was product reviews or "best widgets" type content?

Many Thanks @Ryuzaki , they are yep.

They are a product range I have an interest in but are quite expensive so I was writing content then investing in each as I can afford them. Then adding my of course, own views, photos and video's.

It's good to hear both of you think it was the update, to me that makes it easier to understand and progress in the direction of a very informative website.. just done the wrong way round :smile:

The reason I was writing content in advance is that its a product I like a lot but if I wrote each time I purchased 1.. the website would stay small until I had invested in many of them.

Maybe I should concentrate on the "People Also Ask" questions?

Thanks again for your insights both of you
@Rob Stone, looking at the timing of your graph, I'd say you got hit by the Product Reviews update. Is it safe to say that the majority of your content was product reviews or "best widgets" type content

Why are you analysing 10 clicks over a period of 6 months?

There is not enough data here to draw any meaningful conclusions. Not sure if this is a meme thread?

You really need to put work in and publish and promote either exceptional content, a ton of content, or even better, both.

That will be useful to you. This is not.

This turned out to be where I install an SSL and my webmaster tools was only looking at http and not https.

Whoops! Lesson learnt. Thanks guys

Back