I'm Stuck. What to do?

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Ok so I have 3 months saved up. Can't take this job anymore.

The problem is I have to give a months notice to leave so I'll be working another month which I don't wanna do.

Should I just say fuckit and not pitch up anymore?

No, keep going to work for the next month and save the extra money so that you have 4 months worth of savings in the bank. It will take much longer than that to get to job income replacement levels anyway.

Yeah but that's another month of my life wasted. I also don't have much time when I work because it's 9-7 everyday

I was in your situation a couple weeks ago, after relocating and taking a job (before I got there) at an agency. I spent two months there and things seemed great at first, but it didn't take that long to change my feelings for the company and the dickwads I worked for. It seems like you might have made up your mind, and I sure did...quitting without notice and a lot of hatred towards how they were treating me. Now I'm not too sure what your situation was, but if it was anything like mine...I kinda wish I would have stuck around a little longer or at least long enough to know where my next paycheck would come from.

I'm not screwed though, I've got enough money in the bank to get by for a couple months and already have a few leads to some personal client projects to get me by for a bit longer.

One thing that I have found out from my rational decision, was how much more focused I was on my own personal project and turning it into my own cash machine. It's definitely going to take a little time before it allows me to not worry about picking up client projects here and there, but it would only take me even longer if I hadn't had a forcing reason to work on it. I even had to take a step back and break down tasks and goals into more micro goals just to keep moving forward, but that's another thing I wouldn't have done if it weren't for the added mental pressure of what am I going to do for rent in a couple months.

Hustle and hustle hard bro...and aren't you a traffic leaking genius so to speak? I thought I recalled a couple journals you had going where you were killing it with infographics and traffic leaking those articles. What happened?

It's your choice, there are so many variables how could anyone possibly give you any worthwhile advice other than just giving you their own experience?

Do you remember when @CCarter told you something along the lines of "no business books are going to be able to tell you about your own business". It's kinda like that with this, it's your own life. I gave up work a little while back and have around 9 months of savings plus the freedom to stay with family for 6 months before that. Even with that amount, I worry sometimes, there's never enough money for you to be 100% confident. There's always going to be some risk.

If you think that in 3-months you can have a business generating enough for you to live, then why wouldn't you? If you don't think that's possible, then why would you? Surely that's the only decision to make. If you leave your job thinking that you won't be able to do it then you're literally choosing to put yourself in a dangerous situation because you don't like the job you have...

Show up (I have no idea what breach of contract is like in your locale), save the money.
Keep hustling on your side project, at the same time.

Burn the midnight oil, and whenever possible, do some daylight work on it.

This can mean drafting posts on a computer or mobile phone, or just taking notes on content ideas or improvements in a small notepad you got on you at all times.

Good luck man, I've got no doubt that you'll be fine. Use one of your talents/skills to make a quick buck when/if things start to get tight and you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

So what's your game plan? How are you going to use your 3 months of savings to replace your job?

My game plan is to do what I did before to grow my sites, and not waste money on spammy links. I will be focusing on quality content which I will be writing myself and traffic leaking.

The only things I really need to pay for right now are hosting and food. I can easily spend the next 6 months+ just grinding.

Ok so I have 3 months saved up. Can't take this job anymore.

The problem is I have to give a months notice to leave so I'll be working another month which I don't wanna do.

Should I just say fuckit and not pitch up anymore?

Can you go part-time? I reduced my full-time job to 3 day work week to spend more time on my site. Did that for 1 year before quitting and going full-time on my own projects.

My game plan is to do what I did before to grow my sites, and not waste money on spammy links. I will be focusing on quality content which I will be writing myself and traffic leaking.

The only things I really need to pay for right now are hosting and food. I can easily spend the next 6 months+ just grinding.
And stop selling your sites :smile:

@built Do the sites still rank? Or were your fears well founded and you got some exit $ before they got penalized?
From what I can see, it still ranks for some keywords. The sites I've sold haven't had any pbn links etc. only Web 2.0

The sites I tried to use pbn links etc just didn't rank at all.

From what I can see, it still ranks for some keywords. The sites I've sold haven't had any pbn links etc. only Web 2.0

In that case, the question that comes to my mind is: Do you regret having sold those websites instead of continuing to work with them?

In that case, the question that comes to my mind is: Do you regret having sold those websites instead of continuing to work with them?

Sorry to ask, but how is that going to help in any way?

@built
Take a look at your old sites' stuff that still works.
Replicate the good stuff.
Focus on the way forward.

Replicate what you did before as you have the experience now. And stop selling them away.
Time is all you have now isn't it?

Distance yourself away from negativity and your mind works better and thinks clearer

Sorry to ask, but how is that going to help in any way?

I just wanted to debate on whether he thinks it was a wise decision, because if it wasn't, it'll surely serve as a lesson when in the future he plans to do the same. I think that learning from mistakes is the best way to avoid committing them.

Pretty clear what you need to do, isn't it?

Write content and build up your sites. Then write more content and create web 2.0s. If you don't want to write 100 unique articles just for your backlinks, I would advise making super-spun articles for your web 2.0s. 5 versions of each paragraph and then spin on the word level. Diversify with traffic leaks and any other fancy stuff you got up your sleeve. Do this for a few months consistently and you should be getting some money.

I regret spending my profits too eagerly, selling the sites, eh not really

Thanks for the advice everyone. Left my job today. Time to take IM seriously
Shit, I was gonna tell you to quit only after you have 6 months income ( after taxes ) available.

Oh well, it's sink or swim time now.

I regret spending my profits too eagerly, selling the sites, eh not really

This has happened to me in the past. I think that reinvesting those profits it's the best way to quickly advance with a new project, but for some people, this is a tough decision (consumerism, you know).

Back