I'm obsessed with cold brew coffee

MetaData

BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Last year I was really into "bulletproof" coffee in the morning. I'd have a big jug of that and it would tide me over until dinner on really busy days. I went all-in with fancy beans, fresh ground each day, french press, then got completely burnt out because spending 30-45 minutes to make coffee every day and clean up sucked. I stopped drinking it altogether for a few months.

Now I've done a 180 and I'm all about cold brewing a big batch at the start of the week. I like the taste better, and it's a million times easier. Just thought I'd share...

Mix 4 parts coffee grounds in with 1 part water (I usually double this to last a week) in a pitcher or whatever container.

In about 16 hours, put a coffee filter or a paper towel in a strainer and transfer your mixture from the pitcher into another container. Rinse pitcher, rinse strainer, new filter, run it back into the pitcher and that's it.

When you need a little buzz just mix 1 part cold brew with 1 part water, add some ice, cream, sugar, whatever you like in your coffee (I add nothing, but I'm going to try MCT oil soon.)

Caffeine is water soluble and the cold water prevents any burning or cooking of the beans, so the flavor's a bit different. I prefer it actually, and it keeps a lot longer.

Still a rookie, so if anyone has any tips on how to improve the process let me know.

Sounds cool. Here, in Germany, they sell these coffee pouches. They're ground coffee beans in a coffee filter pouch. Gonna make a pitcher tonight for tomorrow morning. Thanks for the recipe.

Nqk10Al.jpg

SUCCESS.

It tastes like smooth ice coffee. Not like an Ice Americano but more like iced dropped coffee. Definitely no burn. You also get the added benefit of never having it get watered down when the ice melts as its already cold.

Here's the kicker: it cost .60 euros.

@Philip J. Fry Good stuff, glad ya like it! Did you go with a similar 4:1 ratio, and did you add water before serving ? I was thinking of trying to make it stronger initially and adding a bit more water when I go to drink it.

Haha I just took the remaining coffee pouches (~8) and a mason jar that's laying around and filled the thing up with water. No real measurements but it ended up being 1/4th of the jar with coffee pouches and the rest water. 4 parts coffee and 1 part water sounds like you'll get something like wet sand.

LOL Good catch, I definitely had that backwards... It's 4 parts water to 1 parts coffee :D Big difference

Back