I'm now fully Apple'ed up

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
iPad, iPhone and MacBook Air, just need the Apple TV.

I do not write this brag about my consumption habits of old and almost obsolete Apple products, but to ask BuSo if there is any useful and cool stuff you can do with syncing and various such things.

I actually only bought the iphone, which was an iphone7 (already buyers remorse), to sync my calendar, since I always forget stuff unless I write it down. This ability to always have the ability to sync calendar (and notes?), across devices is very useful for me.

Are there other similar benefits of being full on Apple?

One cool thing you can do since the latest MacOS update is to use an iPad as a second screen for your Macbook. See here.

One thing I do is take all calls and texts on my desktop, which you can do with your laptop. If your phone is on the same network and your computer is also connected to wifi, you can make sure to login to iCloud & Facetime and boom, you're texting from your keyboard and taking and sending calls through the Facetime app. And none of it eats up your mobile bandwidth usage.

The one thing to be careful about is that you will only see, receive, and send to other people with iPhones. So I've said inappropriate but funny things in a group chat with just my family, only to open up my phone hours later and find that the group actually included tons of my mom's and sister's friends.

I have all Apple too. Macbooks, iMac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV ... but I don't keep anything synced. I hate when stuff syncs.

I don't wear a phone when I'm working, and the last thing I'd want is to have phone calls, texts or whatsapp on my computer. Or have my phone pictures on my TV, or my Chrome bookmarks on my laptop from my iMac.

I selectively sync files to a local server and Dropbox/S3, but that's it. And I use Notion.so and Evernote for notes, I let that sync.

My Apple TV is on another account than my phone, and my computers are on their own account.

Back