If I Disable the Post Title in Wordpress Gutenberg and Add an H1 Block, will I Have 2 H1 Headers?

Degree
Quick question for WordPress users...

If I disable the display of my post title (you can choose this option when editing a post in the right sidebar depending on your theme) and insert an H1 block in Gutenberg, will this make it so I have 2 H1's? Basically, I'm building a website using Gutenberg and I want to make a custom post template. Meaning, I don't want the post title that would usually act as an H1 to be displayed on the page, as I'd like to insert an H1 in a different area with the page builder.

EDIT: I'm just worried that disabling the post title won't make it so it isn't recognized, making it so I have 2 H1's.

Quick question for WordPress users...

If I disable the display of my post title (you can choose this option when editing a post in the right sidebar depending on your theme) and insert an H1 block in Gutenberg, will this make it so I have 2 H1's? Basically, I'm building a website using Gutenberg and I want to make a custom post template. Meaning, I don't want the post title that would usually act as an H1 to be displayed on the page, as I'd like to insert an H1 in a different area with the page builder.

EDIT: I'm just worried that disabling the post title won't make it so it isn't recognized, making it so I have 2 H1's.

Use your browser's capability to show you the source code of the page. This will be in the Developer Tools. You can do a quick search for "show page source" or "show source code of website for ____" where the blank is your browser. This will show you the HTML code without the browser rendering it.

You definitely should be using your browser's developer tools. For the HTML source code, CSS rules, Javascript stuff, network timelines and waterfalls, and so forth. Endless value in these tools.

But once you're viewing the source code, you can check to see if there's multiple <h1> tags or not. Can even run a search on it.

It's a good question. They might just apply display: none; but it would still be in the source code. They might not and you could be in good shape. If I had to guess, they've connected that button to an "if" check in the PHP template and it doesn't insert it into the HTML at all. But definitely check.

Back