I Was There For The Dog Snuggie lulz

DragnBalzDeep

BuSo Pro
Degree
Hey everyone,

Just another former WickedFire member from back in the day. I made an account here a while back but only decided to post now. Partially to get myself to take action again haha.

I'm currently working on some other projects (offer side) with partners but am starting up some more authority/niche site personal projects of my own on the side.

For the past few years, I've mainly been focused on paid traffic (mostly native ads and Google Search/Display), but honestly hate having to start over every few months or years with offers, traffic sources, accounts, etc.

For my main work, I don't mind doing paid traffic since we're heading in more of a WH direction with a heavy focus on copywriting. However, for my personal projects, I want something that's a little more passive. Something that doesn't require as much stat checking.

I keep trying to make "faster money" with some nutra/native ads campaigns, but I actually end up burning more cash. That's why I'd much rather think longer term and build some sites of more value. I've accepted that I'll probably make more grinding it out a few months.

Lots of ups and downs the past few years. Had the highest of highs and the lowest of lows, so I really just want something more stable for my personal projects. It doesn't need to make anything crazy.

Right now, I have 1 authority site from 2011 that's still making like $100-$200/month from Amazon Associates. From 1 longtail best X for Y post that I put up in 2016. This ranked on the first page within a week or 2 of posting, so I hope to scale this out with more commercial posts.

The site originally started as a blog where I posted every day, but was barely making money. That's because I was way too focused on info content.

It probably has around 100+ posts of info content and 3-5 commercial posts lol.

I'll admit that I blasted the shit out of that site back in the day with anything from Drip Feed Blasts, Link Genie, BuildMyRank, Layered Links, GSR, and other link services. There are also some high quality links from legit sources in my niche, as I was a bit of an authority for a while with a following.

It's still holding daily traffic, so I plan to revive it with:
1) Commercial content targeting low competition longtails that I'll write myself at first (around 30 articles)
2) A mix of legit link outreach and buying some of the higher quality link services here
3) Eventually outsourcing the content

I also have a Merch By Amazon account for print on demand t-shirts that's currently making around $300/month through organic Amazon traffic, and will probably hit over $1k in November/December. I'm thinking of scaling that out more and also using that as monetization for my niche site.

To start, I'll keep things simple with my sites. Down the road though, I'd really like to rank for info keywords and funnel traffic to copy-driven pages that either ask for email opt-ins or push for a sale. I'd like to build my own info products and monetize a high quality list of buyers one day.

Looking forward to shooting the shit with you all here!

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Welcome, glad you decided to start posting. Sounds like you have a lot you can teach us about PPC and maybe we can help out with SEO and other marketing methods.

It probably has around 100+ posts of info content and 3-5 commercial posts lol.
Hell yeah, that's a great foundation. Do you have Search Console set up? You should be able to find additional keywords those posts are almost ranking for and work them in, and optimize each post for further gains. You can add internal links as you go, funnel juice to the commercial posts, and do the same as you add new commercial posts.

I'll admit that I blasted the shit out of that site back in the day with anything from Drip Feed Blasts, Link Genie, BuildMyRank, Layered Links, GSR, and other link services.
Again, do you have Search Console set up? I'd do it if not, and check to make sure you don't have a Manual Action of any kind on the site. I'd be amazed if you didn't get one. Maybe you did and it expired over the years as the bad links dropped off.

I'd add some new content and see how quickly it ranks and how it behaves / performs in the SERPs, so you don't inadvertently put too much effort into a site that's penalized, even algorithmically. Worst case scenario you go on a disavow spree and jump out of a penalty.

I also have a Merch By Amazon account for print on demand t-shirts that's currently making around $300/month through organic Amazon traffic, and will probably hit over $1k in November/December. I'm thinking of scaling that out more and also using that as monetization for my niche site.
Nice, how many designs do you have up? Does one or two designs account for most of the sales? This always interested me but I see people talking about having 3000 designs and make $50 a month on a couple sales. I understand that this has become a long-tail game within Amazon and/or paid promotion to get positive reviews and sales to influence the organic rankings. Sounds like a nightmare but a fun one.

Degree
Welcome, good to have you onboard. Looking forward to see how things will go for your personal projects.

Degree
welcome to the forum DBD, i remember those dog snuggie days LOL

DragnBalzDeep

BuSo Pro
Degree
Welcome, glad you decided to start posting. Sounds like you have a lot you can teach us about PPC and maybe we can help out with SEO and other marketing methods.
Thanks!

I have the basics down but honestly I've really only had success with BH/more aggressive campaigns. The issue is mainly dealing with FB/Google accounts. I've accepted that I'm no account farmer lol.

Can't really speak on media buying for WH stuff like lead gen, ecom, or straight sale nutra.

Again, do you have Search Console set up? I'd do it if not, and check to make sure you don't have a Manual Action of any kind on the site. I'd be amazed if you didn't get one. Maybe you did and it expired over the years as the bad links dropped off.

I'd add some new content and see how quickly it ranks and how it behaves / performs in the SERPs, so you don't inadvertently put too much effort into a site that's penalized, even algorithmically. Worst case scenario you go on a disavow spree and jump out of a penalty.
Yup! I do have Search Console set up. Just checked it and don't see any Manual Actions.

In the next week, I'll put up a few new articles for low competition keywords and see how they behave in the SERPs and go from there.

Nice, how many designs do you have up? Does one or two designs account for most of the sales? This always interested me but I see people talking about having 3000 designs and make $50 a month on a couple sales. I understand that this has become a long-tail game within Amazon and/or paid promotion to get positive reviews and sales to influence the organic rankings. Sounds like a nightmare but a fun one.
I had over 1000 designs at one point but a huge chunk of them didn't sell so were removed from my listings after 60 or 90 days. I'll probably relist some of them in time for the Q4 rush.

Right now, I have 400ish designs up with about 10 of them bringing in the most revenue. I currently have a max of 6000 slots so I have a lot of uploading to do haha.

The good news is I learned to start with a broader approach of uploading designs for a wide variety of niches, and then narrow down to niches that work the best. Now I'm going to flood my best niche to see what happens. So far, almost anything new I upload eventually sells in that niche.

There's definitely more potential with authority/niche sites, but I think Merch is a good way to get a low $XXXX/month passively to add to your portfolio.

Welcome, good to have you onboard. Looking forward to see how things will go for your personal projects.
Thanks! I'll probably start a follow along soon.

welcome to the forum DBD, i remember those dog snuggie days LOL
Thank you! Haha good times (PM Grin...)