I need help starting again (I'm sick)

Degree
Hi,

I was hit with lyme disease a few years ago and it went chronic and im now housebound basically in my 20ies. In my state there is no "chronic lyme" and I don't get any disability benefits. The first few years I was basically bedridden but now I can use the computer again.

I want to rebuild my online business. And I need your advice.

My symptoms still severely limit me, its the cognitive issues that drive me insane. Before this I was a programmer (web), but I can't really code anymore because of the cognitive dysfunction that comes with lyme. However I can still:

Write content (to some degree, slow)
Manage Writers
Set up WordPress Sites
Do Keyword Research and Competitor Analysis
Upload & Format Content in WordPress

To help me with the cognitive issues I was into nootropics for a while, for example Modafinil but those never really helped too much. However it gave me a niche idea and its something I might be going into.

My question is for someone with my capacity (low energy and cognitive dysfunction) what would you be doing to start your online business empire? I think in an ideal scenario I would be running a few big sites and just managing writers and editing content. But I have no budget so I will have to do the writing on my own, at least in the beginning.

I almost forgot, I already had a successful amazon affiliate project running, at its best it was making around 2k euros per month, but it died out because in the time i got sick, the site also got hacked and I discovered the hack way too slow. Its basically down to zero traffic right now. Im also working on restoring that project but im not sure if I can save it.

My question is for someone with my capacity (low energy and cognitive dysfunction) what would you be doing to start your online business empire?
Nobody can tell you what you should pursue, but I can say that you should be automating and outsourcing as much as you can. You can oversee the process and guide it through delegation of the work to other people and allowing computer scripts to help wherever they can.

Something with simple, repeatable processes that benefit by scaling how frequently these processes get done sounds up your alley.

I think in an ideal scenario I would be running a few big sites and just managing writers and editing content.
This is similar to what I'm trying to describe. There's not that many moving parts. Each step can be documented and a person trained to do it. You simply feed the machine keywords at the start and do quality assurance at the end. Want to publish more? Drop more people into the roles you've got training material for.

But I have no budget so I will have to do the writing on my own, at least in the beginning.
This is where most of us started. And most of us have some kind of hurdle that impairs us to some degree too. We still make it work and you can too.

Hey man,

I know exactly how you feel, you can go look up my first thread in the Laboratory.

I also suffer from cognitive dysfunction and fatigue and basically have like only 3-4 hours a day of productive work. I can code more than write though, so I'm pretty much the opposite. In any case, I went from disability to $100.000+ in 2 years, by following the advice here.

As @Ryuzaki writes, this is definitely the business you can make work for you, as I did.

You do have to realize that your competition is putting in 12 hour days, so figuring out outsourcing is definitely key. And spending your time on where you have an advantage.

Another thing to consider is, that instead of going wide, like Ryu suggests, "feeding the machine", you can also go deep, meaning becoming the ultimate creative niche expert. That means putting yourself out there, face on everything, social media pages, participating in Facebook groups, forums and Reddit.

The benefit of this, is that it can allow you to spend time working with your body and not your mind, which can be a good way to recharge with cognitive fatigue. Like if you had a fishing blog, then part of your research would literally be fishing a lot, which is good for your mind.

This method is quicker to get off the floor, due to people being way more willing to share personal content, but it hits a growth limit earlier than Ryus method.

However, it is also more long term secure, for the same reasons, people are more willing to share and link to personal blogs. I have a blog, the first I made (check my log), that still has excellent rankings, despite me not doing anything to it in the last 2 years. I got some good links from local newspapers, just because I breathed that niche for a year or so. I lived it.

I would also not give up on programming. Of course if you can't do it, you can't do it, but it is a great tool to have for creating websites ... and tools. Being able to code, means having a skill that other people don't have. Use it!

Back