I Miss Internet Marketing Forums

Degree
A lot less BS in these forums than on social media, that's for sure.

Hello, my name is Andrew.
I've been involved in digital marketing for the last 14 years.

Glad to be here.

Something I've been working on lately, a 4 step collaborative content creation process. It turns the notion of 1 writer for 1 article on its head. We do this all through Trello and it allows us to use affordable writers but create something extensive and exhaustive (5k+ words) at a good price (under 2 cents per word).

Step 1. Creating the outline. The outline is also where a lot of keyword research is done. We built out a tool called Entity Explorer that is good for this but we also use tools like Answer the Public to get it done as well. The outline serves as the foundation for the article and it's laid out, subheadlines and all.

Step 2. We research each subheadline and drop the research directly into the article. Research is easy to do so we have folks doing it for just a few bucks an hour. This is also where we have screenshots and stuff done, if applicable.

Step 3. Finally, the writers tackle the articles collaboratively. They have most research they need already done for them, so they're pulling it out and replacing it with unique content.

It's not uncommon to have 3 writers working on the same piece. I think there's a lot to be said about collaborative content, try it out. All you need here is Trello and Google Docs.

Step 4. Is the final edit. Grammarly is not expensive and Hemingwayapp is free and useful. Again, this is done collaboratively so multiple heads are tackling it and doing a great job in the process.

We have been able to pump out some pretty nice content at less than 2 cents a word this way.

I hope it helps.

Last edited:

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Welcome, @Andrew Scherer, I like that idea. Basically you could copy and paste sections from different articles from different websites, and then pay to have it rewritten. And since it's pieced from different places nobody will be none-the-wiser. I like that a lot.

Degree
Welcome, @Andrew Scherer, I like that idea. Basically you could copy and paste sections from different articles from different websites, and then pay to have it rewritten. And since it's pieced from different places nobody will be none-the-wiser. I like that a lot.
Yep it is kind of like that!

Developing skyscraper content this way. In order to do so at a decent level, the outlines have to be very dense. To make them dense, you have to find topics/keywords that related vertically. Related entity research is helpful with this.

Steve

BuSo Pro
Degree
Interesting system, i imagine it keeps your writers on their toes as well.
How do you handle tone of voice etc?

BTW are you ex wickedfire?

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
A lot less BS in these forums than on social media, that's for sure.
Yes, it's interesting that anonymous forums often are better behaved than social media groups. For some reasons, people just can't help themselves getting into personal stuff on social media, even in professional groups. I think it has to do with some sort of basic psychology. We judge people based on appearance subconsciously and deduce stuff like political opinion, personality traits, baseless or not.

Degree
Interesting system, i imagine it keeps your writers on their toes as well.
How do you handle tone of voice etc?

I suppose every writer does have their own distinct style but differences might be hard to make out to a random visitor especially after stuff has been edited/written by multiple people. It all kind of just gets mixed together like putting blue and red food coloring in a glass of water.

Yes sir! Spent many hours on Wickedfire :smile:

I think it has to do with some sort of basic psychology. We judge people based on appearance
I think you're right