I love Waffles

Degree
Greetings, Everyone. I am joining as a noob to all of this. I'm currently attempting to teach myself web design/coding and adding this place to my learning process. I'm tired of the 9-5 and want to experience life differently by building something to share and do it on my own terms. I have a long way to go, but hopefully, I'll be able to contribute back at a level that grows with my skills and experience.

I'm happy to join you all in the process and see what will happen. :smile:

-Waffles

Degree
Let me try this again. After looking at a few intros I realized I need to go a little deeper…

I am joining this group because I want to learn how to create a business that will generate an income for my family that doesn’t require me to slog to an office in the morning and work on somebody else’s terms. I dream of waking up with an easing sunrise instead of a frightening alarm. I dream of saying “yes” to my wife when she asks if we can take a long weekend next weekend to stay at the lake and swing in a hammock while watching our son play in the dirt with the roly polys. I dream that each day I can spend time building something fun and profitable. I dream of freedom to live life on my terms.

My name here is Waffles. I can remember in about 2003 I found a few websites that promised to help you earn money online after paying for their ebook. I saw infomercials of dudes driving Ferraris and living in huge houses throwing money around like confetti and living on their own terms. I barely understood what the internet was then and had no interest in it, other than the money part, and assumed it was probably all a scam. I knew people were making tons of money on the internet but it just seemed so distant and foreign to me. It was scary. Five years later I still didn’t even understand what a blog was. I was a complete noob. Still am, really.

Fast forward to 2013 and by the recommendation of my father-in-law who is a network engineer, I started teaching myself about networking and Cisco products. Eventually, I became a network engineer myself. It’s a good profession and I enjoy many aspects of the job. I enjoy the challenge and troubleshooting and fixing things. I enjoy feeling like my work is useful to someone else and helping them with something they don’t understand. But, the one thing I still seek and still lack, is freedom. I am still on someone else’s schedule. I go to work and help build other peoples dream.

I am ready to build something for myself. Build something that supports my dream. With enough work I know I will make it happen. And one thing I have learned over the years and through learning networking is that it is much easier and effective to learn something when you have the support of other people. When you can bounce ideas and questions off of other people who can redirect your ignorance into learning.

I look forward to learning, discussing, and building with you all.

-Waffles

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Welcome aboard, Waffles.

You've got a dream, now you need a plan!

Have you thought about the direction you might go in this wide world of internet marketing?

Seems like at some point you could create a site about networking and Cisco products, either getting Adsense clicks probably on colleges and certification stuff (probably a decent CPC), generate leads for a certification program perhaps (much higher conversion value for you)... who knows. I wonder how hard it would be to rank for these kind of search terms. Of course paid advertising could bypass all of that if you can turn a profit on it.

There's so many things you can do. We talk a lot about SEO but that's just one angle you can take.

Have you got an idea about how you might proceed?

Degree
Seems like at some point you could create a site about networking and Cisco products, either getting Adsense clicks probably on colleges and certification stuff (probably a decent CPC), generate leads for a certification program perhaps (much higher conversion value for you)... who knows. I wonder how hard it would be to rank for these kind of search terms. Of course paid advertising could bypass all of that if you can turn a profit on it.
Have you got an idea about how you might proceed?
I think my two angles right now would be like you say, networking; or my other knowledge in fitness. I currently also run a women's fitness boot camp. It's a kind of franchise. However, I am not the owner. But I've thought about creating a boot camp workout site that helps other boot camp owner/operators create workouts for different levels of clients.
I just finished Day 1 of the Crash Course so I have a long way to go to really understand all your lingo and the way your thinking about the problem. That is actually one thing I really liked about Day 1 "We're not going to tell you exactly what to do, only how to think and what to think about." Being able to know what questions to ask and how to steer my mind will be a big help for me to figure out exactly where I will take this action.

Degree
I just read Forums>Garden>Stop Fucking Around.

It gave me a motoboner.

EyesExist

White Hat Genius
Degree
Welcome to the board. Bottom line. get shit done and Try marketing that makes sense without fear.