I have a lot of backlinks pointing towards my homepage

Degree
and they're quality backlinks too (for some reason people love linking to the homepage).

Should I add my money articles to the navigation menu to take advantage of this? Because with all these backlinks I still see very negligible results.

I wouldn't suggest doing something that is obviously manipulative. Think about what's best for the user and what is common for similar sites.

There are many factors at play for ranking individual pieces of content, practicing good interlinking practices is best, going against a logical site architecture to try to manipulate things won't.

Edit: look at the top sticky here in the search section for some knowledge.

It's natural to have most of the links pointing to the homepage.

Example:
huffingtonpost.com 714K total referring domains
59K referring domains point at the root. The next closest page has only 1053 referring domains

apple.com 3.78 Million total referring domains
29K referring domains point at the root. The next closest page has only 17k referring domains

cnn.com 904K total referring domains
148K referring domains point at the root. The next closest page has only 47k referring domains

foxnews.com 339K referring domains
54K referring domains point at the root. The next closest page has only 13k referring domains

Data from ahrefs

Sure these are big brands but look at your competitors backlink profile, most likely its going to be the same thing.

I agree with @animalstyle, it might look a little silly if your money pages are in the main menu. However, you can still use internal anchor text. Read what @Steve Brownlie wrote here. This should help you.

Not a bad thing,
Make use of it by using your sites structure and internal links to manipulate the flow from HP to other pages..

Back