I found you!

Degree
I didn't know what I was looking for until I found Builder Society. I came by way of Reddit in a sub that has potential but isn't quite what I was looking for, so I am excited by what I have seen here so far!

A little about me...

I quit my corporate job 5 years ago to start my own business, my now husband quit his job about 3 months later to jump on board. Three and a half years ago we left Australia and started travelling the world, and now we are hanging out in France for a while living in an 800-year-old chateau!

Our businesses have provided for us for the past 5 years, but each one hasn't really lived up to its potential because of procrastination or getting distracted by other 'shiny objects'. We also tend to get bogged down in stuff that should take a day to implement and ends up taking a month. Case in point, one of our websites sells documents individually, and we decided to move to a subscription-based model. It should have taken a week or two to change over, but no it's been about 2 months now. Some issues have been actual website issues, some have been changing our minds about things and redoing work, some have been creatives taking longer than they should, etc etc. But argh!

Anyway, I have new plans for 3 particular websites and have talked my husband into getting a VA in the next month to do all the work that anyone can do, and save the technical/qualified stuff for us.

My end goal is to sell at least 2 of the websites in 2-3 years, and then create new niche based blogs/websites to flip every year or so for income. The main website I want to sell has the most earning potential, but it's legal based, so a lot of legislation etc to keep up with and it freaks me out!

I'm looking forward to learning from here, and finally getting our websites to where they should be, and where they deserve to be.

Thanks for having me!

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Welcome aboard, @mysecretid , sounds like you've found plenty of success. Congrats on that. You know, one of my number one rules about trying to determine how long a task will take is "There's aways surprises", meaning things you can't foresee or take into account, so just add some time to account for these mystery unknowns. We always over-estimate what we can do in days but under-estimate what we can do in weeks or months, too. Sounds to me like you two are doing just fine! But I'd definitely offload work to VA's so you can get more done faster. Catch you around the forum.

Degree
Welcome aboard, @mysecretid , sounds like you've found plenty of success. Congrats on that. You know, one of my number one rules about trying to determine how long a task will take is "There's aways surprises", meaning things you can't foresee or take into account, so just add some time to account for these mystery unknowns. We always over-estimate what we can do in days but under-estimate what we can do in weeks or months, too. Sounds to me like you two are doing just fine! But I'd definitely offload work to VA's so you can get more done faster. Catch you around the forum.
Thank you for the welcome. You would think I'd have learnt by now that things always take longer than you expect, but no, I'm a slow learner.