Hurricane Season

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
I Was In Hurricane Fiona. Back on the Islands as some of you already know

And i"m in a concrete building / Penthouse that was taking some pretty direct wind but it's still broken up to some extent by the other buildings in my beach town

Must say. Anything stronger than a Level 2 Hurricane............. and it would be rough.

Entire roofs of houses got picked up by the wind and flew 2-3 houses up to 4 streets away

The rain water found every crack in my apartment and it was like I had a light water sprinkling - sprinkler system inside.. Had to put a blanket over my computer desk. Tried to sleep with a sheet over me.

Anyone been through one before?
q2k6m8cnwpp91.jpg

ga2v841xypp91.jpg

I was in a couple of typhoons when I was stationed in Okinawa. Much different circumstances, we'd just stock up on alcohol and play spades by candlelight.

I was in a couple of typhoons when I was stationed in Okinawa. Much different circumstances, we'd just stock up on alcohol and play spades by candlelight.

All I know. Being on an island with a Hurricane 3 every 10 years.... I dont think it can ever recover and become a modern nation.

I’ve been through every major hurricane since 1995. Since Andrew, 1992, building codes in Florida were updated to withstand Category 5 hurricanes, so the most we get is a lot of rain, flooding, and trees down. But if you listen to the news and see shit like this:

You might think this is our first rodeo. Fucking exaggerations by the media.

Title says it all. If anyone's been in Ian, what's the experience?

I’ve been through every major hurricane since 1995. Since Andrew, 1992, building codes in Florida were updated to withstand Category 5 hurricanes, so the most we get is a lot of rain, flooding, and trees down. But if you listen to the news and see shit like this:

What we need is lockdowns and a hurricane vaccine.

The level of fear promotion is remarkable. God damn...

Well I'm not going to lie to you, but this was nuts. Fort Myers is on the west coast of Florida where the hurricane touched down. Over 100 miles away, in Broward county, this hurricane spawns several tornadoes - on the east coast of Florida. We got heavy rain, but tornadoes...? What the fuck. That's never happened.

30 small planes got destroyed at North Perry airport. Good news is Ryu's G650 wasn't near the carnage. He was whisked away to safety hours before the winds started.

Well I'm not going to lie to you, but this was nuts. Fort Myers is on the west coast of Florida where the hurricane touched down. Over 100 miles away, in Broward county, this hurricane spawns several tornadoes - on the east coast of Florida. We got heavy rain, but tornadoes...? What the fuck. That's never happened.

30 small planes got destroyed at North Perry airport. Good news is Ryu's G650 wasn't near the carnage. He was whisked away to safety hours before the winds started.

I have cousins that showed me where they live

Trees down, kayaks and cars driving down the same streets.

Florida's got a problem

I am curious what you guys do to prep for Hurricanes?

So far I have a generator, bottled water, and a radio.

Maybe I need to update my go bag.

prep for Hurricanes?
7 days of water per person, alcohol, lots of condoms, toiletry (you may have to wipe your ass without running water), hygiene kits, and full tank of fuel in your cars and jets.

Make sure your yachts are anchors far from land and shore as possible. I personally don’t like having the helicopters even in the vicinity, so I have them fly to an undisclosed location.

As long as you have bulletproof windows, they double as impact windows, you should be good but if you don’t you’re gonna have to put up shutters. And bring all flying shit like patio furniture inside.

I also recommend parking all your cars in a garage on the third floor and above. Last thing you need is a underwater Lambo:

TUDcc.jpg

StateFarm is not exactly forgiving...

I also recommend allowing the housekeepers, nannies, governess, chauffeur, and palace staff 1-3 days off after the hurricane hits, they may have some hurricane damage to take care of. I mean I guess you can have a skeleton crew... seems a bit snobbish.

Also 100% of people die BEFORE and AFTER hurricanes. Never during. The reason, doing stupid shit. You should wait about 24-48 hours after a hurricane because powerlines can be down in water puddles and kill you. Emergency crews have to clean up debris, so it's best to conduct business from home.

You'll also needs Uno cards and some other boardgames, and books to read. Remember there might not be electricity for 2-4 days, no internet, no running water. Your phones won't work cause you won't be able to charge them. So you'll need flashlights with batteries.

That reminds me, make sure your satellite phone account and billing is up-to-date. You never know when you might need to receive that important tweet from little brother Elon on Mars.

7 days of water per person, alcohol, lots of condoms, toiletry (you may have to wipe your ass without running water), hygiene kits, and full tank of fuel in your cars and jets.

Make sure your yachts are anchors far from land and shore as possible. I personally don’t like having the helicopters even in the vicinity, so I have them fly to an undisclosed location.

As long as you have bulletproof windows, they double as impact windows, you should be good but if you don’t you’re gonna have to put up shutters. And bring all flying shit like patio furniture inside.

I also recommend parking all your cars in a garage on the third floor and above. Last thing you need is a underwater Lambo:

TUDcc.jpg

StateFarm is not exactly forgiving...

I also recommend allowing the housekeepers, nannies, governess, chauffeur, and palace staff 1-3 days off after the hurricane hits, they may have some hurricane damage to take care of. I mean I guess you can have a skeleton crew... seems a bit snobbish.

Also 100% of people die BEFORE and AFTER hurricanes. Never during. The reason, doing stupid shit. You should wait about 24-48 hours after a hurricane because powerlines can be down in water puddles and kill you. Emergency crews have to clean up debris, so it's best to conduct business from home.

You'll also needs Uno cards and some other boardgames, and books to read. Remember there might not be electricity for 2-4 days, no internet, no running water. Your phones won't work cause you won't be able to charge them. So you'll need flashlights with batteries.

That reminds me, make sure your satellite phone account and billing is up-to-date. You never know when you might need to receive that important tweet from little brother Elon on Mars.

LOL I'll be sure to park my non-existent Lambos on the third floor in a climate controlled space

Still trying to get there, my last attempt at e-com went south because of shipping costs :/

Back