Hubspot Professional - Opinions and Experiences?

Degree
I have a client who is looking to move to HubSpot for email landing pages blog posts etc. does anybody have any experience on whether their word press site had a positive or a negative impact using how do you spot and the tools that they offer? They seem to be convinced that it’s a good solution for all in one everything even the SEo portion of it I believe it may not be curious to hear other people….

If they're convinced, they're convinced.

With that being said, I would never recommend HubSpot to a friend. After working with it and being the consultant for a number of projects both onboarding and doing "advanced" automation for clients as well as in-house, HubSpot is great at being all-in-one, but all of those "ones" are dumpster juice.

Unless they switch to the HubSpot CMS, which is a whole crock of shit, all of their blog posts/landing pages will live on a HubSpot subdomain. The landing pages will look like shit if they don't know HTML. The SEO portion is a joke.

With that being said, HubSpot does some things well, none of which you mentioned your client needs above. Their workflows (marketing automation) is solid, both for sales enablement, drip campaigns, etc. The chatflows (chatbots) can be useful.

I promise I'm not a scorned ex-lover or anything. HubSpot is just really good at convincing small businesses that HubSpot is the solution to their problems but just causes more problems. Or if you need any sort of customization, oops, sorry, it's the way it is so deal. InDuStRy StAnDaRd!

Shit, you can't even resize the image on pop-ups.

The CRM and workflow automation are good. Email marketing is OK. Forms are easy to build and interact well with automation. Sales stuff is mostly OK. Haven't used Service.

Don't use their CMS. It's terrible and their "SEO" tools are useless. You can get away with putting their forms on a Wordpress website but you'll need development effort to make it look good. Their pop up forms look OK but are extremely difficult to customise as another poster mentioned.

It's extremely expensive, especially if you have a lot of contacts.

Wow, seems like it's a real piece of hot flaming shit outside of drip campaigns. I found out too that if anything gets created in Hubspot and you move off of it, you basically lose all that and it needs to be recreated in WP. Sounds like a real pain in the ass.

- The company I work at used Hubspot since the beginning (more than 5 years) and it’s Frankensteins Monster.

- everything little thing needs a developer and even then it’s clunky af. Also breaks for no reason around once a quarter

- they moved to salesforce for the sales unit and this was/is also a resource intensive project to put it lightly

- the cms is terrible, too

other than that it’s okay.

Worked with HubSpot for an extended amount of time. They constantly annoy you with emails, their pricing is whack, and the product is just broken and always needs developers. 10/10 don't recommend.

Are there some better alternatives to Hubspot that people could push their clients towards instead?

i moved from hubspot to zoho, i found it more intuitive and the tutorials to be very clear and easy to follow

Back