How You Can Still Use Tecnhorati for Traffic Leaking

Degree
As some of you may or may not know Technorati was an awesome place to find blogs to traffic leak from. However, they removed their blog directory in May of last year, which sucked big time.

A quick and easy way to still use that directory to find popular blogs in your niche is to use archive.org.

So, if you have a site in the food niche, then just browse to: http://web.archive.org/web/20140122155554/http://technorati.com/blogs/directory/living/food/ and you can see all the sites that they used to rank.

Since they were overly concerned with SEO all of the pages have actual URLs and are not dynamic, meaning that they exist in the Way Back Machine.

Happy hunting!

That's a great tip. I'd recommend trying to snag any kind of link on each type in your niche too. Even if it's only a no-follow blog comment. Try to get a guest post on the active and high quality sites. As someone mentioned in another thread, if you find a site is down, look it up in the archive too. Do some cross checking and you might be able to "borrow" their content if there's no copyright issues.

I was actually thinking the other day that Alltop might be a good alternative for this.

It's no way near as comprehensive, but the blogs that are there are usually high quality. They moderate all the submissions (I've failed when trying to submit my own personal blog before).

Might be worth a look depending on the niche?

I was actually thinking the other day that Alltop might be a good alternative for this.

It's no way near as comprehensive, but the blogs that are there are usually high quality. They moderate all the submissions (I've failed when trying to submit my own personal blog before).

Might be worth a look depending on the niche?

I've had several sites in AllTop. They have something in place that checks to see if the site isn't updated in a certain period of time that automatically removes the sites.

So yeah, you'll find frequently updated sites there, but nowhere near all of the quality sites in the niche. If anyone takes a posting break, they will no longer be listed. As you said, its not comprehensive.

Could be a great starting point for spidering your way down through the sites that are listed and seeing what you can find in their outbound links though.

Archive.org is super nice for so many different reasons.

Im struggling to understand this, can you please explain it a bit more in depth? yes I'm a noob

Are you using this to look for blogs to add comments?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back