How would I beat competition If...

Degree
Okay so, recently I was talking to few people and realized that quality content gets backlinks, more people stay on page and less people go back to google to find that answer which tells google that that article should be ranked higher and stuff. I realized most of the money I have made from the past is from me having the thing or having some sort of experience and providing value.

Ok, so I'm going to assume camping niche as an example like I did last time.

How would I beat one of my competitor if they are literally a camper and I have never camped in my life. They have unique images, their actual face and stuff on the brand so naturally this person will get backlinks and they do. They have more content than me as well for now. (I am going to get my articles later to upload so I should have like at least 20+ articles than them). They literally have more insightful information than me, how can I produce better info articles than them? I am not a camper. In fact, my cheap writers DEFINITELY won't be able to beat my competitor's article which is literally handwritten by her. (I am talking about info articles, reviews I got it covered.)

I mean, I guess I can interlink better but that won't really cut it. Another thing I can do is infographics. As of right now, I am not targetting the keywords this person is targetting but we are in the same niche and we have a few articles in which I will be competiting but, I think view them as a competitor since they are in the same niche/subniche.

Also you think it's smart to make up complete BS statistics? Like "Did you know 14% of campers face severe dehydration? This is why I personally use and recommend to try out this waterbottle"

Also you guys think this is smart to do to avoid having to put more images?? Look at that "T", it breaks up the text and stuff without requiring additional effort to put images.
bcf783e92564e81dbfda6ff4d7bb4a55.png

Also you think it's smart to make up complete BS statistics? Like "Did you know 14% of campers face severe dehydration? This is why I personally use and recommend to try out this waterbottle"
No, don't be a dick. People will (hopefully) read whatever you write.

Pick a niche that you know something about, or can learn about, and write quality content that will make someone's life just a little bit better than it was before they starting reading your content.

They literally have more insightful information than me, how can I produce better info articles than them?

It's not all about knowledge of the topic. You need to know enough about the topic, but you don't need to know everything. Use the other skills and experience you have and think about how that might help you to add more value then your competitor(s). Bring everything together and the sum of all the parts could add more value overall than your competitors in-depth knowledge.

For example, could you present the basic information in a more useful and understandable way by adding tables, infographics, etc. Or, also for example, is going wide and producing a product roundup that hits the high points of each topic more valuable to the average user than an in depth review of a single product?

If you can't figure out how to add value in one way or another, find another topic where you can. There are lots out there.

Also you guys think this is smart to do to avoid having to put more images?? Look at that "T", it breaks up the text and stuff without requiring additional effort to put images.
I could be mistaken, but generally speaking, my understanding is that virtually anything you do to avoid effort that directly improves the quality of the user's experience should be seen as a bad thing.

The most engaging sites I’ve made have been those where I’ve had the underdog angle.

That could be, here’s how I learned to go camping despite being a clumsy city person or here’s how to go camping with disabilities.

Share your struggles to figure it out, be a beginner.

Once you are more established then you can allow yourself to create more commercial and less personal content.

Back