How trust worthy are the information on the following blogs?

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Been trying to learn some seo, so I am a well rounded marketer.

Started reading these blogs:

Source-wave.com
Gotchseo.com
authorityhacker.com
jacobking.com

My question is, has anyone else read anything from there and is the information considered worthwhile?

Always see this question asked a lot in Skype, other forums, Reddit, etc. I honestly don't read a thing besides search engine updates from like Search Engine Land. The stuff I do read is more direct and when I need it, like 'how to do x with y'. Anything else seems like noise.

I think best thing for something like SEO is just reviewing SERPs and trading information in discussion (i.e. forums, Skype, Slack, IRL, etc.).

Julian approach is top notch. Personally when I read a lot of useful stuff and never practice them in the near future I feel like a lost that knowledge. It just does not stick. It seem that when I work and search for a particular solution, and after that I apply it, in the majority of the cases I remember the process and start to feel more confident about it.

About the blogs you've mentioned I am not experienced in SEO and can't give a proper critique but Nathan, GotchSEO provides pretty useful stuff like tutorials and cheat sheets/blue prints. About Jacobking some people say that the guy is knowledgeable, I've never read his stuff though. The source-wave guy, Becker or something post videos with titles like "$400k 3 Step Stealth SEO Client Selling Process" what can you expect from this guy?

Julian approach is top notch. Personally when I read a lot of useful stuff and never practice them in the near future I feel like a lost that knowledge. It just does not stick. It seem that when I work and search for a particular solution, and after that I apply it, in the majority of the cases I remember the process and start to feel more confident about it.

About the blogs you've mentioned I am not experienced in SEO and can't give a proper critique but Nathan, GotchSEO provides pretty useful stuff like tutorials and cheat sheets/blue prints. About Jacobking some people say that the guy is knowledgeable, I've never read his stuff though. The source-wave guy, Becker or something post videos with titles like "$400k 3 Step Stealth SEO Client Selling Process" what can you expect from this guy?

Yeah I definitely don't click on videos like that, pretty much just been reading about link building. For example: http://source-wave.com/omega-seo-link-strategies/

Basically just been looking for tutorials on link building. Gotch seo seems like the best I've found so far

Thanks for the replies, @MeEatBrains & @juliantrueflynn

Source-wave.com - Some info is good, but he is mostly trying to sell you overpriced shit.
Gotchseo.com - Haven't read this one, so can't tell you nothing.
authorityhacker.com - Great content
jacobking.com - Great content, but a lot of the articles are rants and stuff, but the guides are great.

I would recommend reading : http://webris.org/blog/
He has extremely great content without bullshit. All of his tactics are long term and very powerful. What I also like is, that he does White hat, but he doesn't hate on black hats, as he has done it himself.

EDIT :
Forgot to mention one of CCarter blog posts by Maher Abiad : https://www.serpwoo.com/blog/experts/increasing-your-domains-trust/

It's just a blog post, but I would recommend setting up 10 - 20 sites from that list and build authority on those platforms and link to your site. Extremely great for new sites, as you will gain huge boost in authority, trust, and a power if you develope the platforms authority, example : on Tumblr you would post new post get followers and thus you get a lot of notes which are basically backlinks. And not only good for SEO, but you can gain traffic too this way,

Last edited:
Basically just been looking for tutorials on link building. Gotch seo seems like the best I've found so far

@built I think you gonna like this eBook

VT:
Code:
https://www.virustotal.com/file/54fb4150f7f3723bc731528005bf2a177a7c879e7778062c52862ad2bc9fb52f/analysis/1448662312/

Download:
Code:
http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/k7OrbSe4/file.html

I think best thing for something like SEO is just reviewing SERPs

So much this. If you aren't spending at least a couple of hours a week analyzing SERPs you're doing it totally wrong. Some of the blogs mentioned above might be helpful to some degree (most aren't), but it will never beat doing your own analysis. If you don't know how people are ranking in niches like 'buy instagram followers' or 'essay writing' you don't know shit about SEO.

Ironically the best SEO source IMHO are Mueller's Hangout videos. Think I'm kidding? Then please answer these questions:

- Can you disavow 301's?
- What happens with the link juice to 404 pages?
:smile:

So much this. If you aren't spending at least a couple of hours a week analyzing SERPs you're doing it totally wrong. Some of the blogs mentioned above might be helpful to some degree (most aren't), but it will never beat doing your own analysis. If you don't know how people are ranking in niches like 'buy instagram followers' or 'essay writing' you don't know shit about SEO.

Ironically the best SEO source IMHO are Mueller's Hangout videos. Think I'm kidding? Then please answer these questions:

- Can you disavow 301's?
- What happens with the link juice to 404 pages?
:smile:
One of the reasons I'm kicking myself because I had to go back to the free version of serpwoo this month.

I know the source-wave guy -- he's a friend of a friend.

His information is sensationalized, based loosely (or not even) on facts, and created to appeal to greed. Whatever you'll learn from his posts or products you can learn better elsewhere.

He also has ethics of a used car salesman. Beware.

Always see this question asked a lot in Skype, other forums, Reddit, etc. I honestly don't read a thing besides search engine updates from like Search Engine Land. The stuff I do read is more direct and when I need it, like 'how to do x with y'. Anything else seems like noise.

I think best thing for something like SEO is just reviewing SERPs and trading information in discussion (i.e. forums, Skype, Slack, IRL, etc.).
You pretty much nailed it. I look at most of these blogs as a WaFo rehash, trying to pitch you all the "new" shiny objects...

You pretty much nailed it. I look at most of these blogs as a WaFo rehash, trying to pitch you all the "new" shiny objects...

That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid, but that's to the awesome replies in this thread they have steered me away lol

Source-wave. LOL You will get a lot more out of spending an hour reading some of CCarter's various works. OR, you could waste an hour watching a Becker video, with his repetitive, annoying, and irritating humor...only to be given a few "nuggets" that could have been explained in a couple minutes and a few sentences. Life is too short for that shit. I recently heard a clear, concise, and excellent quote on this subject:
"I have made this longer than usual because I have not had time to make it shorter." -Blaise Pascal
Kind of profound if you really consider the depth of that thought. It's not hard to throw an inefficient wall of text on a page. It is far more difficult to construct an efficient discourse that conveys the point without significant excess.

The best recommendation I can give about link building, is to learn how to reverse engineer more effectively. The more you can analyze your competitors and figure out what's working for winners in a niche, the more you can figure out what techniques you might want to focus on. Techniques always change and evolve. A reverse engineering mindset will stand the test of time, despite these changes. Here's a few random topics towards that end:

-Link frequency vs. volume vs. quality (any biases)
-Link type (follow vs nofollow, pbn vs. legit, text vs. image ALT text, pretty much anything)
-Bypassing backlink profile obfuscation techniques (IE - How do you analyze a backlink profile if the domain is hiding PBN links?)
-Are parasite pages feasible for a particular niche?

There are about a million factors on this subject, which is part of the reason it always seems so overwhelming. I know it's tough but, try not to let it overwhelm you. Instead, try to remember that you only need to keep a few basic principles in mind, and just do your best to reverse engineer those that are already winning:

1. Who is winning, and what are their strengths?
  2. How have they won, and why might that be working?
  3. How can I take advantage of that or do it better?

All of these websites will each give you a little piece of the pie. The best way to go about things is just to work on your project and use Google to search for answers when you get stuck on whatever part of the project you're working on.

You'll find that one website will have a blog post for one problem, and another for a separate problem.

I guess what I'm saying is that you shouldn't spend your time trying to devour any one blog's information, as it will never be the complete picture.

With that said, I think most of the sites on your initial list provide decent information here and there. I would never trust anything SourceWave/Becker does at all.

I also enjoy nohatseo, nichepursuits, neil patel, and brian dean..... as well as the larger trade journals like SEJ.

Back