How transparent are you with your sites?

Michael

BuSo Pro
Degree
If you were meeting someone new, and you got to talking about occupations. Would you tell them about your site and even "drop a link" to them?

11277i77D20F612C062DC8

I dont get the question, you meet someone an talk job and then you would link to what, his facbook profile?

If you were to get into discussion with someone about your work, would you go as far as tell them the URL to your money making website. Why / Why not?

I'm generally very open with that, I mean when you market your app/site you are definitely going to have to tell people your URL so I look at it in the same light.

If my site lives and dies by SEO, then no. I'll talk about it, but never reveal the site itself.

If it runs on PPC, social media, word of mouth, and some SEO, then why not. The only reason to keep it private is to defend against sabotage attempts. That's an unfortunate reality when it comes to SEO.

You can gauge who it is you're talking to, they're level of internet abilities, how nosey and meddling they are, and all of that before you tell anyone anything.

If my site lives and dies by SEO, then no. I'll talk about it, but never reveal the site itself.

If it runs on PPC, social media, word of mouth, and some SEO, then why not. The only reason to keep it private is to defend against sabotage attempts. That's an unfortunate reality when it comes to SEO.

You can gauge who it is you're talking to, they're level of internet abilities, how nosey and meddling they are, and all of that before you tell anyone anything.

I second @Ryuzaki 's statement. It all depends on the person I'm talking to. For example, my family and close friends know about my sites. I trust them, and most of them don't know a thing about SEO either.

I do tell a couple of other people I know outside of my inner circle, but again it does depend of the person. In general, I don't tell any other internet marketers :wink:

In terms of marketing, I will let people know about my site URL, however, those people I'm usually specifically targeting, and they usually aren't competition anyway. Haven't had any problems so far.

Back