How To Take My Site(s) To The Next Level? (Links???)

Degree
Hey guys,

So, I’ve grown 6 sites to anywhere from 60k - 450k users per month per site. This is purely from targeting low competition keywords. Absolutely 0% linkbuilding because I have very limited knowledge on linkbuilding.

But I can’t help but wonder if that is exactly what’s holding me back from getting to that 1+ million users per month on a single site.

For example, my biggest site seems to be throttled (term used correctly?) at 10-15k users per day. No matter how much new content I publish, it seems to be stuck at this level.

One of my competitors, however, gets around 10-12 million users per month even though he doesn’t have author profiles linking to social media etc. He hasn’t even added organization schema or person schema. He does not have an address or phone number on his site anywhere. His contact page is literally just a contact form (Contact Form 7 ftw). So I would imagine he is lacking a lot of EEAT signals? His site does have a lot of links though (DR 70). This suggests to me, that indeed, links are most important.

So I guess I am asking… how do I go about building links in a proper way? Should I focus mainly on getting links to the homepage? And what kind of links? HARO? Outreach? PBN? Or would it be a better idea to buy an aged domain and simply redirect it to an acquisition page?

I have money set aside for links, but I don’t even know where/who to throw this money at.

Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

Btw, for info: I am working on a new site now which is the site I want to grow BIG. I have started publishing, targeting very low comp keywords. So the site is completely new. I thought this info is probably relevant.

Super grateful for anyone taking their time to help out!

Very best,
Ben

Speaking in generalities, I start building branded links first. Registering profiles on strong sites with similar branding and any NAP stuff being the same. Then HARO/PR style links.

If you haven't already, once the foundation is built, improve your navigation and in content links to get that home page juice moving around the site.

At some point you will see the big opportunity pages that need a bit more of a push. Those ones you might want to consider sending some niche edits or guest posts to.

Then it really becomes a game of observe, adjust and repeat. Maybe you can add in some link bait with the intention of sending the juice to other posts throughout the site.

Speaking in generalities, I start building branded links first. Registering profiles on strong sites with similar branding and any NAP stuff being the same. Then HARO/PR style links.

If you haven't already, once the foundation is built, improve your navigation and in content links to get that home page juice moving around the site.

At some point you will see the big opportunity pages that need a bit more of a push. Those ones you might want to consider sending some niche edits or guest posts to.

Then it really becomes a game of observe, adjust and repeat. Maybe you can add in some link bait with the intention of sending the juice to other posts throughout the site.
Thanks @illmasterj

By registering profiles on strong sites, do you mean like forums, Reddit, Medium etc?

Do you do your own HARO? I tried HARO once, but all my HARO e-mails looked like a big mess even though I tried to format them nicely. I mean, literally they were just a Wall of text - is that really how reporters see these responses? Or am I doing something wrong?

I’ve also toy’ed with the idea of creating linkbait articles - something I will definitely need to try. Brian Dean (spelled wrong probably) seems to be a champ at this.

Thanks @illmasterj

By registering profiles on strong sites, do you mean like forums, Reddit, Medium etc?

Do you do your own HARO? I tried HARO once, but all my HARO e-mails looked like a big mess even though I tried to format them nicely. I mean, literally they were just a Wall of text - is that really how reporters see these responses? Or am I doing something wrong?

I’ve also toy’ed with the idea of creating linkbait articles - something I will definitely need to try. Brian Dean (spelled wrong probably) seems to be a champ at this.
When I'm talking about profiles, it depends a bit on the niche (some are very forum centric and can be a great start), but most common are web 2.0 properties like you have listed.

There are thousands out there if you go looking for them, for example blogspot.com, slashdot.org, pastebin.com, deviantart.com, goodreads.com, etc.

For HARO, a very basic HTML response, or plain text should be fine. If you are using an email client that loads in a lot of HTML that might look ugly but if it's simple the journo shouldn't have trouble with it.

Back