How to source unique images for product review posts?

Degree
Anyone have creative ways to source unique images for their Amazon product reviews? I know Google is placing a premium on unique content. Buying and returning and re-selling is doable but not very scalable.

Is it necessary to use a unique image of a product along with the unique content? The image anyway will be identical to the original product even if shot by your own camera. In my opinion a good combination will be like this : Unique content + not-so-unique product image + a unique image depicting the obstacle/pain point/benefit /dreams of the buyer before/after using the product. For this any good any affordable stock library can be used.

You could:
  • Go to a store that has these items on the shelf and take photos there.
  • Go to a site like Microworkers.com and put out a call for people that own the product.
  • Buy, take photos, return or re-sell (as you stated, just adding it to the list, I don't like this though)
  • Contact the manufacturers for the product with the promise of returning it once you take photos and film videos. Most would be more than happy to supply it, and depending on the price will probably tell you to keep it.
Those were some ideas off the top of my head. It's a challenge for sure that makes scaling a bit more costly and time consuming.

Is it necessary to use a unique image of a product along with the unique content?
This is pretty much what Google is demanding from affiliate content now. Anything else would be silly at this point going forward. It's good for you and the reader, it's just a pain in the butt. Things change as the game evolves. The barriers to entry are getting higher.

You can use stable diffusion to generate unique images that are beautiful. You just need a computer with a GPU in it.

I search the product in YouTube and take the screenshot, and edit in canva. No issue so far. Using more than 3 years. Hope this helps

Depending on how 'complex' the product is, you could try uploading an existing image to Dall-E 2 and using that image to generate variations. They can come out surprisingly well, although if there is a human element involved (eg. hands holding or using the product) the output can get seriously creepy.

Back