How to Sell More of Anything Online?

hvazquez07

BuSo Pro
Degree
Hey guys! If you want to know more about my process on how to sell more of anything, here it is: Become an authority by actually helping people and following up with them.

So basically you want to let people know that you can help them by actually HELPING THEM right now.

For that you need:
  • A ton of upfront free content.
  • Several points of contact (AKA email marketing/social media/retargeting) with your potential customer.
Let me know what you think and if you'd be interested on keep this videos coming.

I'd appreciate it! :smile:

Thanks!

Let me know what you think and if you'd be interested on keep this videos coming.

tumblr_nfgngjY7X31rud800o1_500.gif

I think this is content for total noobs. I don't see many noobs here my friend, do you?

Let me ask you, have you forgotten one of the first rules of the fight club?
-Know your customer, know your market.

Time to go back to the drawing board. GL bro!

I think this is content for total noobs. I don't see many noobs here my friend, do you?

I'm still a noob, and I found this helpful. Sure I knew it already, but it gave me a few ideas

tumblr_nfgngjY7X31rud800o1_500.gif

While I do appreciate the feedback, I do see veteran SEOs making noob mistakes when it comes to funnel marketing and growing long lasting assets. I'm sure it's not your case. I definitely didn't post it for you :smile:

I'm still a noob, and I found this helpful. Sure I knew it already, but it gave me a few ideas

Mate I am still a noob in many areas too, don't get me wrong I am not trying to pretend that I am the big deal, but this is very low grade content you can spent your time searching for the same info in G and you will find better stuff. I bet on that. The problem here is that he got ''hidden'' agenda.

While I do appreciate the feedback, I do see veteran SEOs making noob mistakes when it comes to funnel marketing and growing long lasting assets. I'm sure it's not your case. I definitely didn't post it for you :smile:

Look Hernan, Now I don't want to tell you how to conduct your biz but since you asked for feed back, I am gonna be honest here.

This is guru shit attempt it's obvious. As a part of this community I personally find it insulting that we are in your target list. Here you can find people with very very high expertise in certain areas that are sharing knowledge from heart.

I skimmed few of your videos... in one of them you sell something "$5 for 5 days'' just saw it written on the slide. In other you said to your audience that you are giving them 3 seconds to grab a pen and write down your shit, and you start to count down 3..2..1.. What the fuck??

Your targeting is wrong. You would be better off doing this at DP or may be WaFo. Going from there I can judge that you are not good at selling, but you claim that you gonna teach us how to sell. All right!!

@MeEatBrains you could be right but either way, it reminded me about just how many CTAs I could possible get away with.

Other than that, the content was basic

Last edited:
I am insulted by this video. I had a longer response written out, but I remembered where we are. I also remembered that you did ask for feedback, so here's the nice version.

How many times in this video do you insist that you aren't trying to sell anything, before admitting that it's all about building trust before you try to sell, and getting us in your funnel?

You do not respect your audience,

This is bad, I don't like it, and after watching this video I do not see how this could inspire trust from anybody.

This video does the opposite of inspire trust, this video makes me actively dislike you. You do not come across as an honest, competent person, so if that was your goal - you have failed.

I hope that you do not make any more videos, and I hope that you stop trying to "subtly" sell us on whatever it is that you're awkwardly and clumsily trying to sell.

Everybody can see through what you're doing.

I'm not convinced that @hvazquez07 thinks we are his target audience here, personally, nor was he trying to slip something past everyone's BS radars. This is clearly a share from his Youtube channel (talking about liking and subscribing). He repurposed it and shared it with us, perhaps without thinking about it deeply. It didn't offend me at all, and there will undoubtedly be some lurker who gets a lot out of it.

I like the meta-aspect. There's always going to be that feel when you're trying to market and sell to marketers and sellers, because you'll be telling them about what you do as you do it. There's no escape.

I also find it valuable in the sense that, despite people calling themselves marketers, 95%+ of Internet Marketers aren't marketers, they are SEO's, and even a large portion of that is just someone buying links from someone else. This is good info in that sense, because there's got to be billions being left on the table across the entire industry because few are using a funnel or optimizing it.
  1. Get attention with quality free content.
  2. Establish contact through creating "lists" everywhere possible and offer a lead magnet.
  3. Keep those points warm and make them warmer.
  4. Push them through the funnel that has plenty of CTA's and other elements.
  5. Split test and optimize those elements until you're making killer money.
And I think the one of the ultimate points was important to take note, which was that as long as you're offering actual value and helping, then it's all good.

Despite it being easy to understand and commonplace, this is THE information most everyone ignores partially because they can't generate traffic.

Look at the Crash Course area and scroll down taking note of the # of views each thread has received. Monetization is at half of all of those around it. People are literally skipping it, because they think they know how to do it and because they are focused on traffic and other things. Part of that is because the majority in general are still trying to figure out how to generate traffic. The first half is for beginners and those are the ones with the most views. That keys you into what's really going on.

And with that in mind, this video is a valuable and easily consumed way of grasping what comes after you get the basics down, AND you're being shown how it's done as you learn how it's done. Sure, it was nothing new to me, but these points need to be said over and over. Warming traffic and doubling and tripling conversion rates is the difference between a thousand a month and a hundred thousand a month.

I agree with @Ryuzaki that a lot of 'marketers' are just SEO's and need to learn fundamentals/traditional aspects, but there's more than that going on here. @MeEatBrains addressed the elephant in the room of the obvious guru guy. I think overall people--myself included--don't want guru's thinking we're fresh fish, and maybe even more coming over.

I think all his posts so far are just him starting threads linking to his content... What's your next video @hvazquez07? "How to fly under the radar on forums"?

I think all his posts so far are just him starting threads linking to his content...

That's what I was thinking.

Honestly parts of this industry, if it's truly the same industry are totally absurd...

There's so much money on the table everywhere, yet it seems like everyone and their uncle are trying to be the next guru IM blogger. Why?

The thing is that it really seems like a lot of those people have no experience outside of building their own blog, it's why so much advice is useless outside of IM bloggers marketing to IM bloggers.

When someone posts nothing but their own content targeted at getting people in their funnel on a serious forum, where people know what they're doing, of course bullshit detectors are going to go off. It's actually laughable, because when you can't even promote properly on a forum then who do you expect to listen to you or become a part of your audience long term?

Getting traffic from here would be as simple as being active, showing you're here to learn, posting some value like a journal or case-study and leaving a link in your signature to your latest blog post.

So I understand why some people are pissed, me personally though, meh... I just feel sorry for the beginners who get drawn into that circle-jerk crap that these types of bloggers have created.

I do agree though with a post above, I'd hate to see more of this crap trickling onto here overtime. If a foot gets put down, maybe people will think twice... Not saying stop people promoting, but when someone only posts to promote some new content of theirs it should be addressed ya know.

That's what I was thinking.

Honestly parts of this industry, if it's truly the same industry are totally absurd...

There's so much money on the table everywhere, yet it seems like everyone and their uncle are trying to be the next guru IM blogger. Why?

The thing is that it really seems like a lot of those people have no experience outside of building their own blog, it's why so much advice is useless outside of IM bloggers marketing to IM bloggers.

When someone posts nothing but their own content targeted at getting people in their funnel on a serious forum, where people know what they're doing, of course bullshit detectors are going to go off. It's actually laughable, because when you can't even promote properly on a forum then who do you expect to listen to you or become a part of your audience long term?

Getting traffic from here would be as simple as being active, showing you're here to learn, posting some value like a journal or case-study and leaving a link in your signature to your latest blog post.

So I understand why some people are pissed, me personally though, meh... I just feel sorry for the beginners who get drawn into that circle-jerk crap that these types of bloggers have created.

I do agree though with a post above, I'd hate to see more of this crap trickling onto here overtime. If a foot gets put down, maybe people will think twice... Not saying stop people promoting, but when someone only posts to promote some new content of theirs it should be addressed ya know.

me being a noob, this is exactly why i don't hang out on other forums like bhw and WaFo anymore. It seems like every forum has a "fresh factor" to it, and when gurus start to flock in to prey on noobs the quality goes downhill fast.

IM is tough enough without having to weed through gooroo BS

Hey guys! Thanks a ton of the honest feedback...

I think the only one that got it right here was @Ryuzaki. If anything I'm not trying to sell you anything but rather get your guys opinion on how I'm doing stuff and critique me from a MARKETING point of view. You can all optin or not, I don't give a shit, you're not my target audience anyways (you can definitely see that from my videos on the channel).

With that being said, I come here and post a video not to sell you guys "anything" (again, lol) or insult you (even if you get insulted by a video on a thread wtf), but to have the view of other marketers about this outreach and public value sharing strategy to get more leads into a business that's definitely for more basic people.

Thanks again

Edit: I do understand the thread description/content could be mistaken, since I literally posted this from other forums (as many of you guys correctly noticed), so I apologize about that. I'll try to be more explicit next time I post something to be critiqued here so I don't trigger anyones "Veteran Marketer Anal Alarm" :smile:

Edit 2: Also Ryuzaki is right. This could also be helpful to anyone in here. And that was the other goal of the post. Because you can have more than one goal on the same thread, right? Or maybe I didn't completely read the rules of the forum and you can't...

Last edited:
@hvazquez07 just watched the video and I have some initial points:
1. Do NOT tell people that you are not trying to sell to them especcialy in the start of the video, you only achive the oposite of what you are trying to accomplish, meaning that most people will emidiatly think that you ARE trying to sell them something. I do understand that you are want to "kill" the objection in your viewers mind before they start thinking it, but you shouldn't do this untill probably midway throught the video and only do it once.
2.Nice job of explaining that there is a funnel behind this video and that you want people/marketers to emulate what you are doing.
3.great to give people the (affiliate?)links to autoresponders, but you should mention that they are paid tools and then trow a free one into the mix and tell them that they can use this just to get started, but later on they are going to want they more value and fetures/bennifits that the paid tools provide, again by throwing in the free tool you disarm any objections that you are only trying to make money of off the viewer, and increase their trust in you.
4.Consider not using the word "actually" it is a filler word, and it does decrease the power of what you are saying, trysaying and noticing how powerful each of the following sentances is:
(sentance 1)"Remember guys the best way to actually gain some ROI, from you blogging efforts, your video efforts, from your social media efforts"
(sentance 2) "Remember the best way to gain some ROI, from your blogging efforts, your video efforts, from your social media efforts"
(sentance 3) "Remember the best way to gain some ROI, from your online efforts"

I hope this was useful to you and posibly others

I smelled "GURU" a mile away as soon as I saw this post. Didn't want to say anything because I know BuSo's culture is "friendly" and "productive" so we're not supposed mob up on shameless self-promoters like we could on other *cough cough* older and *cough cough* dying forums.

I think the only one that got it right here was @Ryuzaki. If anything I'm not trying to sell you anything but rather get your guys opinion on how I'm doing stuff and critique me from a MARKETING point of view. You can all optin or not, I don't give a shit, you're not my target audience anyways (you can definitely see that from my videos on the channel).

Okay if you want critique then you should definitely ask for it, because that's not how it comes across... People around here have long memories and someone already pointed out that you tend to post stuff that's pretty self-promotional or comes across like 'here cometh the teacher to teach you a lesson'.

If you're posting this on other forums, is that for critique too? Because let's be honest here, your demographic clearly is 'Internet Marketers', really on your website it's not very clear... Is it for marketers, wantrepreneurs, or business owners? I mean the content looks tailored to marketers, but there's a little bit of a 'something for everyone vibe'.

So from the perspective of giving you marketing critique that only now you have asked for, what exactly is your angle here? How are you positioning? Because it's not very clear and that's why you're giving off this 'guru' vibe and it puts people off.

I know I'm diverging from the context of critiquing your video, but I think this all ties in...

Back to your website, I mean it's very much got that same vibe again, it looks nice on the homepage and it's clear you want to come across as an authority, and who knows maybe all of your claims are true and you're the best thing since sliced bread and you can help any business turn the tides and change their fortunes around with your advice and whatever it is you sell as a premium is 1000x better than your free content, who knows, but the point is that your positioning seems off.

So yeah, the website looks nice, but the blog is all style (doesn't really match the homepage) and no substance... Assuming that you're marketing to marketers, there's going to be some bullshit alarms going off again because number one, not only is your blog not optimized to an intermediate standard of SEO at all, but even the code seems iffy, I mean why are some of your posts showing up on page 1, 2, 3, 4 etc?

If you're supposed to be the expert people are going to judge the quality of your site overall, and sure there are probably a lot of people in your audience who don't know any better, but to be honest they should if you're teaching them... Not to mention the real influencers and experts, people who can expand your reach aren't going to want to associate their name with you unless your site is really dialed in. The same goes for your videos, I am assuming that graphic design isn't your strong suit so you should definitely get that looked at like you did your homepage.

Now that I've given you some honest general feedback, which might come across harsh to you since I am deciphering here that you're quite a defensive, probably proud person... I will say that your reply was quite laughable, as it was a horrible attempt at communicating with your 'target audience' as was the original post, also in the same breath don't turn around and flat out deny it because nobody is believing you... Don't kid a kidder especially in marketing because we've seen it all before and probably pulled it at some point too.

Read up on what @CCarter was saying a few weeks back about brands creating brand terrorists, think it was in a thread about PayPal because if you communicate like that in response to criticism then you're going to create a lot of them.

Last edited:
Yep, @RomesFall is correct. I don't want to come as a smart ass that is showing off here, but I will admit it anyway, after first or second post of @hvazquez07 it was obvious that he is targeting different kind of audience (noobs or people who are addicted to being "guided" or "pumped up").

Personally, it didn't touch me, I couldn't care less. Also, I'm sure his posts are not geared towards more experienced users here. IMO @hvazquez07 is just throwing spaghetti on the wall here, and watching what sticks. Is it that bad? I don't think so, to me it's actually funny :wink:

Also, if @Ryuzaki is OK with this, that means forum's politics are OK with this kind of participation (more or less because I'm sure you got this filling that he is just doing some damage control here).

Now, if @hvazquez07 had asked us up front: "What do you guys think about my speech in this video?" that would be a completely different ball, but he didn't.

But if he had asked: "What do you guys think about my speech in this video?", I would say that it's weak at best. Entire form and everything is weak. Lack of confidence, your hands are revealing everything about you, you are fucking uncomfortable in front of this camera mate :wink: (most people won't see this, but they will feel it). You haven't watched yourself at all, or not enough. So I would say, it's not good. But! You put your foot forward and you are already in the game, most people will never have enough balls to do this. So just work on your form and style, and then EVEN on this forum reaction could be different.

That's what I would say.

I know being in this for awhile content like this just brushes off of me.... But to be brutally honest, that comes off like a $35 WSO on Warrior Forum. Then following the video to the blog confirmed it.

If that is your target market you are dead on. If you are going to truly try and help people and not just get them to opt-in to your list, drop the sales act on everything. Build some customer trust by not coming off like someone that is trying to sell you some unreal dream.

Just my 2 cents.

Okay if you want critique then you should definitely ask for it, because that's not how it comes across... People around here have long memories and someone already pointed out that you tend to post stuff that's pretty self-promotional or comes across like 'here cometh the teacher to teach you a lesson'.

If you're posting this on other forums, is that for critique too? Because let's be honest here, your demographic clearly is 'Internet Marketers', really on your website it's not very clear... Is it for marketers, wantrepreneurs, or business owners? I mean the content looks tailored to marketers, but there's a little bit of a 'something for everyone vibe'.

So from the perspective of giving you marketing critique that only now you have asked for, what exactly is your angle here? How are you positioning? Because it's not very clear and that's why you're giving off this 'guru' vibe and it puts people off.

I know I'm diverging from the context of critiquing your video, but I think this all ties in...

Back to your website, I mean it's very much got that same vibe again, it looks nice on the homepage and it's clear you want to come across as an authority, and who knows maybe all of your claims are true and you're the best thing since sliced bread and you can help any business turn the tides and change their fortunes around with your advice and whatever it is you sell as a premium is 1000x better than your free content, who knows, but the point is that your positioning seems off.

So yeah, the website looks nice, but the blog is all style (doesn't really match the homepage) and no substance... Assuming that you're marketing to marketers, there's going to be some bullshit alarms going off again because number one, not only is your blog not optimized to an intermediate standard of SEO at all, but even the code seems iffy, I mean why are some of your posts showing up on page 1, 2, 3, 4 etc?

If you're supposed to be the expert people are going to judge the quality of your site overall, and sure there are probably a lot of people in your audience who don't know any better, but to be honest they should if you're teaching them... Not to mention the real influencers and experts, people who can expand your reach aren't going to want to associate their name with you unless your site is really dialed in. The same goes for your videos, I am assuming that graphic design isn't your strong suit so you should definitely get that looked at like you did your homepage.

Now that I've given you some honest general feedback, which might come across harsh to you since I am deciphering here that you're quite a defensive, probably proud person... I will say that your reply was quite laughable, as it was a horrible attempt at communicating with your 'target audience' as was the original post, also in the same breath don't turn around and flat out deny it because nobody is believing you... Don't kid a kidder especially in marketing because we've seen it all before and probably pulled it at some point too.

Read up on what @CCarter was saying a few weeks back about brands creating brand terrorists, think it was in a thread about PayPal because if you communicate like that in response to criticism then you're going to create a lot of them.

Thanks a ton for the feedback. This an entirely different beast and I truly appreciate it. I'm working on the blog as you can see, and I have a long way to go still, so thanks a lot for that. In any case my audience IS internet marketing, mostly entrepreneurs, wantpreneurs, etc. And I'm basically sharing stuff that works for me on my blog, podcast, videos, etc. Anyways I'll go back and revise, I also believe a website evolves as the marketer/brand evolves. But yeah you're right I have to work on getting that dialed down.

Yep, @RomesFall is correct. I don't want to come as a smart ass that is showing off here, but I will admit it anyway, after first or second post of @hvazquez07 it was obvious that he is targeting different kind of audience (noobs or people who are addicted to being "guided" or "pumped up").

Personally, it didn't touch me, I couldn't care less. Also, I'm sure his posts are not geared towards more experienced users here. IMO @hvazquez07 is just throwing spaghetti on the wall here, and watching what sticks. Is it that bad? I don't think so, to me it's actually funny :wink:

Also, if @Ryuzaki is OK with this, that means forum's politics are OK with this kind of participation (more or less because I'm sure you got this filling that he is just doing some damage control here).

Now, if @hvazquez07 had asked us up front: "What do you guys think about my speech in this video?" that would be a completely different ball, but he didn't.

But if he had asked: "What do you guys think about my speech in this video?", I would say that it's weak at best. Entire form and everything is weak. Lack of confidence, your hands are revealing everything about you, you are fucking uncomfortable in front of this camera mate :wink: (most people won't see this, but they will feel it). You haven't watched yourself at all, or not enough. So I would say, it's not good. But! You put your foot forward and you are already in the game, most people will never have enough balls to do this. So just work on your form and style, and then EVEN on this forum reaction could be different.

That's what I would say.

Thanks Andrewkar, this is the first video I'm doing in English actually, so this is kinda new to me. The OP was off from what I was trying to convey so I appreciate you taking the time to chime in.

Last edited by a moderator:
@hvazquez07 what's the goal of ALL of the videos your are publishing?
Don't answer here, just answer yourself. Why are you posting these vids? Are you building a list just for the sake of list building (and then once you've got 20K you will through something at it), or you have a well-designed funnel? (which bring us back to @MeEatBrains suggestion...). Just trying to be helpful

1901ffci5uv8xgif.gif

No Problemo (did that sound spanish at all, my spanish really sucks LOL)

Back