How to market lonely and unproductive people?

Degree
From the last few days, a new idea's crossing through my thoughts.

In some social medias, I found some people who seem lonely and spend most of their time online. I think, they just seeing others' activities. Maybe they are just teenagers or a little bit older who are students but don't study that much, neither do any part time job. Yes, they exist, we all know.

I found some girls posting nudes(without face) on reddit for some appreciation, and those are not for business purpose, I understood after checking their profiles. Maybe they are just tired of their real life driving them to depression.

In 9gag dot com, many young people post pics of their body parts. I'm almost sure all they want is some appreciation. They want hope, inspiration and a little sympathy which they don't get in real life.

However, some guys are making profit from them. No one is going to watch hours after hours game streams if s/he is really productive. The social media, motivational video makers-all are making profit from them.

But I was thinking of making a creative step. Something that would really help them and put a little contribution to change their lives to positive gradually.

If I want to make a life coaching stuff, that's traditional and I will have to play game with many multi-millionaire influencers who can invest a lot more than me.

Then what can I do to catch this market?

In my opinion, someone who is

1) unaware of the problem
2) has no money to pay for it (student/unemployed)
3) is not asking to be helped

is not the ideal target market. There are infinite reasons why someone wants attention on the internet. Maybe they want to escape their problems at home, they are under pressure and need to take a break, they have extremely low self-esteem, even stuff like childhood abuse, etc. None of these can be easily fixed. Self-sabotage doesn't make sense to the rational mind, but on a subconscious level it is a coping mechanism/response to your early conditioning, from that perspective it is perfectly logical.

You can never know what is the root of the problem at first glance. Maybe being productive is not their priority at the moment. Or maybe they don't see anything wrong with it and don't want to be helped.

Maybe some girls post nudes for appreciation but most do it for money. They usually sell their only fans or snap or panties or pics. Those girls are targeting the lonely, and maybe unproductive, group that you are. They’re selling care, affection, and attention. The nudes are just how they get men’s attention.

maybe unproductive, group that you are.
It was too quick to judge.

In my opinion, someone who is

1) unaware of the problem
2) has no money to pay for it (student/unemployed)
3) is not asking to be helped

is not the ideal target market. There are infinite reasons why someone wants attention on the internet. Maybe they want to escape their problems at home, they are under pressure and need to take a break, they have extremely low self-esteem, even stuff like childhood abuse, etc. None of these can be easily fixed. Self-sabotage doesn't make sense to the rational mind, but on a subconscious level it is a coping mechanism/response to your early conditioning, from that perspective it is perfectly logical.

You can never know what is the root of the problem at first glance. Maybe being productive is not their priority at the moment. Or maybe they don't see anything wrong with it and don't want to be helped.
There are so many good points. But from this group, many of them spend quite amount money for almost nothing which seems meaningful to them.

I agree with what @stoat is saying in general but I think the reality is everyone has money (or they wouldn't survive, have some form of home, and be online on their laptop or smart phone). Everyone knows the people that say they have no money but always have a sack of weed.

The real question is how do you get them to spend the money on you instead of weed, etc.

And you've already identified part of the puzzle.

I talk about this in more depth in the copywriting day of the crash course, but all marketing and copywriting needs to push one of The Life-Force 8 buttons.

Of those 8 forces, the people you're talking about are probably seeking (with my additions in parentheses):

1. Survival, enjoyment of life, life extensions (mainly elation)​
3. Freedom from fear, pain, and danger (distraction)​
4. Sexual companionship (or emulating it)​
8. Social approval (validation and appreciation)​
When you think about "pay pigs" on OnlyFans and Twitch, they're seeking 3 or 4 of those. So if you want to market to these people, those are the BENEFITS (not features) you will allude to, imply, or outright say will come.

The result is already baked in. They have tension and desire and are already taking action. All you have to do is put yourself in between the flow of their money, which is undoubtedly flowing no matter how much they pretend not to spend money.

That's how you'd do it, in a nutshell. Your ad copy or involvement in their communities would be designed around the above.

But the real question I think you're asking is "What is my offer to them?" I'd say to look at what others are already doing (camwhores, psychics, game streamers, IRL streamers, youtube & guru bloggers, infantile toys & collectibles, anything that helps them fake the experience of feeling like a real person, etc.).

Another angle is to look at what the Youtube & Business Guru types are doing. They're pushing the exact same buttons because many moderately successful people feel the exact same way but just have more money to "invest".

They pretend to be pushing button:

6. To be superior, winning, keeping up with the Joneses​
But that's just so everyone can save face and pretend it's not about the buttons surrounding weakness. So that's another model you can follow.

But like anything, whatever you offer, make it good. Even if you're pretending to offer a turn-key business solution, you're really offering hope, and the buyer's know they're buying hope. So make it very hopeful. Everything in this "industry" is about simulation.

They know they won't win, have you as their girlfriend, come live in your streamer house, become a streamer, whatever. They just want to simulate it even for 5 seconds for $5 at a time ("Thanks BillNTed69 in the chat for the donation!").

Offer a very realistic simulation so they can immerse themselves in your virtual reality, constructed just for their needs, and you'll clean up while serving their needs perfectly.

Make money online with a community component.

Fix them and add them to a network effect. Getting lonely people to join a community is easy. Just make sure they don’t poison the water by setting a good example from day one.

It’s amazing how many people are living in a personal hell due to to much anxiety to pursue some basic network effects.

Yeah you’re probably going to have to play therapist. So what. Actually help for real.

The secret to having grateful pay pigs is to make geeks rich.

The most successful affiliates I’ve worked with made massive handholder communities and checklist style methods that worked for at least a portion of their audience.

They don’t burn them down with big ticket commissions and bad faith recommendations for goods and services with low unit costs and high margins.

Make money online is technically an empowerment niche.

Just cuz the charlatan, life coach, real estate seminar, I sell premium courses brigade are shit doesn’t mean you have to be.

Give legit advice and handhold the handhold-able through it.

It takes less than 10 ops being positive for a community to start to gather some gravity. You start to get really neat compounding effects if you can get a contributor loop going.

Give legit advice and handhold the handhold-able through it.
As someone who went to a Philosophy Master's program at a university that makes K-12 teachers, who then got kicked out because he was wayyy too capitalist, I still have to say that education is important. You have to educate them on whatever you think they need. For a university, it might be how to get a job afterwords, with a degree. For BuSo, it is how to make money online with affiliate sites, content marketing, and SEO. For your niche, you gotta figure out who the target demographic is, what they need, and how to teach them that lesson.

The education aspect doesn't end there too. You even have to handhold employees and teach them how to do new, difficult tasks as well as guide them through projects.

So, yeah, hand holding is a life long skill.

As someone who went to a Philosophy Master's program at a university that makes K-12 teachers, who then got kicked out because he was wayyy too capitalist, I still have to say that education is important. You have to educate them on whatever you think they need. For a university, it might be how to get a job afterwords, with a degree. For BuSo, it is how to make money online with affiliate sites, content marketing, and SEO. For your niche, you gotta figure out who the target demographic is, what they need, and how to teach them that lesson.

The education aspect doesn't end there too. You even have to handhold employees and teach them how to do new, difficult tasks as well as guide them through projects.

So, yeah, hand holding is a life long skill.
heh. I'm really lazy. I send my customers here and reddit for education. So its basically the free outsourced customer education resource for us.

I've continued to do it because when they don't get misled into making dumb business decisions by dumb ass gurus and over funded content marketing teams they have more $ to spend on premium keyword research and don't give a shit about peasant line items like unit cost.

For what ever reason marketing as a niche is saturated with people tricking each other into doing really long really elaborate processes that don't work or do work but don't work well proportional to the level of resource investment.

I hate to be the guy always tooting the coolaide, but this really is the best make money online community on the internet and its totally free.
Even with low traffic volume there's lots of $ here because people are doing processes that work and generally being constructively critical. Over the years that's resulted in the ranks of whales starting to grow into something that's unignorable.

You probably can't turn a bunch of nude post lurkers into millionares unless you're looking to start an only fans clone but you can get them into a mental state where they're employable and sell them a consistent entertainment product.

-----------

To stay more on topic. You can choose to invest in people for the long haul.
Get them into some kinda group. People trolling bottom of the barrel social pages are almost always seeking identity.
Its a little culty but building people up is a really great way to have a long term client base if you have some kinda regularly updating sequence of any kind. (can be media, staffing or just blatantly make money online)
Don't be weird if they burn bridges and move on in an effort to reinvent themselves once they've established a bit of self esteem.

Last edited:
Back