How to market and thrive in the coming recession?

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
Matt Diggity with the prescient video:

I think this is really something to think about for all of us, since everyone seems to agree a real recession is coming.

I've been listening to podcasts, watching videos, etc. Here's what I've learned: reduce expenses, save/have cash on hand (emergency fund + some more to buy assets), grow revenue.
I'm interested in what the forum thinks about this.

save/have cash on hand (emergency fund + some more to buy assets)

No, none of that shit. Borrow BIG and borrow often. Buy incoming producing assets that people are looking to exit cause they are fearful. Then turn around and go balls to the wall to increase revenue - and NEVER give up!

Talk to your bankers/lawyers and ask them where they see opportunities being given up.

While everyone is tell you to hunker down it's time to attack. Grab your balls, or where your balls are suppose to be, and attack like a mad man.

Momentum will be in your side and the universe will part ways to let you through. Energy is everything - being the source of energy makes you standout to everyone.

"Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffett

I've been buying up all my growth stocks that have been hammered for the last few months ready to ride the wave back up. Did the same thing back during the Covid crash and picked up some bargains. I work in the finance industry and saw advisers and customers panic selling like crazy, so I did the exact opposite and bought.

Tons of site owners are riding a bit high right now and they aren't prepared mentally, emotionally, or financially for the big hits they are going to take. Affiliate commissions and ad RPM's are going to drop, while everything else in the world is going to continue getting more expensive. That's when they are going to sell their site. But because they waited to sell during the middle of a recession, multiples on website sales will also drop. All around, people are going to shit their pants and cry.

I love it.

Tons of site owners are riding a bit high right now and they aren't prepared mentally, emotionally, or financially for the big hits they are going to take. Affiliate commissions and ad RPM's are going to drop, while everything else in the world is going to continue getting more expensive. That's when they are going to sell their site. But because they waited to sell during the middle of a recession, multiples on website sales will also drop. All around, people are going to shit their pants and cry.

I love it.

Yes, I think this is something that definitely will happen.

One opportunity would be to spot those sites that have been underperforming in the boom years, basically anything to do with frugal living or savings. Matt mentions in travel, Thailand as a destination, that's a good example I think. It's not necessarily going full "save money blog" or prepper, but spotting which product or service groups can fulfill the needs that modern people have gotten used to, even during a recession.

Last edited:
Back