How to leverage Linkedin as marketing tool?

Degree
I am aware that we can use traffic leak, but this would be more long term oriented

So the the goal is:

Marketing our journey in the way that we can use for connections, not only for a specific project but maybe for more long terms goals. :evil:

for instance:

1 - I could have one website MyNameMarketing as my company and maybe list my recent project
and maybe have blog over there and explain main goals, points, achievements, fails...and so on?

or maybe is a waste of time? not sure, so any feedback would be nice.

Linkedin IS a marketing tool. That's the entire reason it exists and why everyone who has an account uses it.

Of course I wouldn't be on there trying to promote my site about healthy dog products hoping to sell some healthy dog products. But I'd promote it in order to connect to other dog site owners, brands with products, pet stores, and other related businesses. This way you can cross promote and network, have connections that would be potential buyers or advertisers, etc.

If you're selling a service that's business-to-business then it seems like a no brainer. You should definitely be promoting useful content with the secondary benefit being raising awareness of your service. Seems like a great way to get sales.

I don't think it's a good place for traffic leaking, but if you have a specific goal in mind that's in alignment with the reasons people are already on Linkedin, then yes it should be a part of your marketing process.

I am aware that we can use traffic leak, but this would be more long term oriented

So the the goal is:

Marketing our journey in the way that we can use for connections, not only for a specific project but maybe for more long terms goals. :evil:

for instance:

1 - I could have one website MyNameMarketing as my company and maybe list my recent project
and maybe have blog over there and explain main goals, points, achievements, fails...and so on?

or maybe is a waste of time? not sure, so any feedback would be nice.

Putting useful content on your LinkenIn will help position you as an authority like @Ryukazi said.

You can also use LinkedIn to figure out who the people underneath the "boss" are. Often the boss takes these people's opinions much more seriously than even the boss realizes. A reference from them can do as much as calling into the place for months.

Then, I stalk them on Twitter for a few weeks. I like and retweet their posts. Maybe I DM/email them about a local meetup or a personal meeting at a cafe. Before I ask for anything... I help see the solution to the root of one of their main problems in the office. Then, they can show up the next weekend and look like a genius. Most of these problems are stress/emotional instead of actually hard work. I mainly help them see the forest for the trees using socratic questioning. This sets me up for the next part.

In conversation, I let it be casually known that I reciprocate for referrals. Sometimes I offer cash, sometimes it is a gift. What I give them depends on how I read them, and the research I've gathered on them. Since I already helped them, they feel I am helping them again. This makes them more willing to answer more of my questions.

This method obviously takes a lot of time. However, it has helped me off of the Upwork/freelance platform plantation. It is worth it for clients who are not going to be $400 a mo. tirekickers. I've played with this for a few weeks and it sure beats cold calling in terms of effectiveness. I don't mind having some prospects who don't reciprocate the favor since I have a slight superstition that value eventually has a ricocheting effect.

The caveat for this is it usually takes multiple meetings to close a deal. However, I always set a specific target of moving the interaction forward. You also have to be willing to give a lot before you take. But, you probably are not in the game of one-time sales for $50 each.

PS: A book that is really helpful for selling high value packages is SPIN Selling by Neil Rackam. This is the core of what I base this method on. Don't worry about trying to digest this all at once. :smile:

Linkedin IS a marketing tool. That's the entire reason it exists and why everyone who has an account uses it.

Of course I wouldn't be on there trying to promote my site about healthy dog products hoping to sell some healthy dog products. But I'd promote it in order to connect to other dog site owners, brands with products, pet stores, and other related businesses. This way you can cross promote and network, have connections that would be potential buyers or advertisers, etc.

If you're selling a service that's business-to-business then it seems like a no brainer. You should definitely be promoting useful content with the secondary benefit being raising awareness of your service. Seems like a great way to get sales.

I don't think it's a good place for traffic leaking, but if you have a specific goal in mind that's in alignment with the reasons people are already on Linkedin, then yes it should be a part of your marketing process.

If I'm starting out with a new company page that has only a few followers, would it be more advantageous to update my personal LinkedIn profile or update the company page even though there's not a lot of followers.

I was updating the company page and trying to link to/share it from my personal profile but not sure if that's the best approach.

Then, I stalk them on Twitter for a few weeks. I like and retweet their posts. Maybe I DM/email them about a local meetup or a personal meeting at a cafe. Before I ask for anything... I help see the solution to the root of one of their main problems in the office. Then, they can show up the next weekend and look like a genius. Most of these problems are stress/emotional instead of actually hard work. I mainly help them see the forest for the trees using socratic questioning. This sets me up for the next part.

So how would you go about selling lead gen services to a Connect using "socratic questioning?"

Back