How to grow a FB page quickly to 500,000+ engaged likes?

Tung Tran

BuSo Pro
Degree
As the title says, I'm refocusing my effort on social instead of SEO as the longer I'm in the SEO game, the more I realize that having a good social foundation is much much better and your SEO traffic will skyrocket as the result.

So lets say - I have an initial budget of $5,000 - $10,000 - how can I spend it in order to grow my FB page from scratch to 500,000+ likes.

I guess the main thing is to get the ads to at least breakeven so I can invest as much as I can and grow really quickly.

Video ads seem to be the main thing. But still - I'm fairly new to this so still researching to come up with a plan before getting into hustle mode.

@Tavin your input would me much appreciated - Thanks man!
648 x 388

maybe I am wrong here but wouldn't it be a better idea to spend those $5000 - $10.000 on sending people to you homepage/landing page and converting them into paying costumers instead of spending them on likes, after all FB could change a policy at any time they like and that policy change might make them take down your site becouse it now is in violation of some rule change.

maybe I am wrong here but wouldn't it be a better idea to spend those $5000 - $10.000 on sending people to you homepage/landing page and converting them into paying costumers instead of spending them on likes, after all FB could change a policy at any time they like and that policy change might make them take down your site becouse it now is in violation of some rule change.
My main monetization is affiliate so I don't have products to sell :D

My main monetization is affiliate so I don't have products to sell :D
This makes no sense. You still have to sell, the only difference is that their product is now "your" product.

This makes no sense. You still have to sell, the only difference is that their product is now "your" product.
Sorry Built I was just replying to Lion1979's point on spending the money on converting people in to PAYING CUSTOMERS instead of chasing the likes.

I'm not currently selling products on my site and I'm not doing affiliate arbitraging. My #1 goal is to grow my audience on Facebook.

I came here asking a very specific question because I knew that would be the way to grow my brand. Didn't intend to get into an argument on what affiliate is about here.

Last edited:
You're not going to 'quickly' grow to 500k engaged likes. That's a huge number. Go look at some of the biggest publications, they don't have many more than that.

Also, your budget is absolutely tiny.

$10,000 / 500,000 = $0.02 per like.

I searched "how much does a facebook like cost": http://www.jbmediagroupllc.com/blog/calculate-a-facebook-advertising-budget/

"In my experience, Facebook ad campaigns to grow a page can typically attract new fans at a cost between $0.20 and $1 per fan."

So, on the low-end they are talking 10x what you are and on the high-end, 50x.

Increase your budget to $100,000 or $500,000 and you might be closer. This is all presuming that each of those likes is "engaged" which they won't be and doesn't account for loss of fans.

Create some content specifically for your Facebook page, post something actually valuable 3x per day, engage with all of your followers and then start using FB ads. Maybe you can get to 10,000 likes 'quickly'.

I would rather spend the money on creating some good, share-worthy, linkable, viral type content (either for my site or just on social) and then pay to boost posts from there.

I have a belief that buying likes is "a bit dodgy" and probably does not get you Facebook followers who are as nearly as engaged as ones you might get naturally.

Sometimes, all it takes is for one post to go viral on FB for you to jump 100k likes in a day!

I'd start with retargetting your sites visitors on facebook. FB likes can be had for .02. You'll need to start running campaigns and just get your hands dirty to figure out how to build and engage your audience.

seeing that you are an affiliate and not seling your own product, I can somewhat understand why you'd be going for likes and not conversions, though I still see a potential in converting them onto an email list both for the long haul as an affiliate, but also to grow your fanpage think something along the lines of sending out an email asking them to like your FB page to win something that would be of value to them and of course always give them a chance to double entry if they give both a like and a share.

Anyway if that is not what you want then I would suggest doing as @Calamari said, and also maybe find similar FB pages in your niche then give a like to the comments that their audience has made on various posts (of course likeing it when you use FB as your page) but at least make sure you've got some awesome/likie/share worthy content on your page first.

Back