How to go about Pinterest?

Degree
I started a blog in a niche with a lot of visuals. My strategy is similar to what @MrMedia does - long tail content with very little link-building involved.

I am looking at Pinterest as a viable channel to bring in traffic since there are a lot of visuals. What I do now is try sharing my blog posts on Pinterest - it parses all the images from the article, and I save them all to a board I have created.

Pinterest now has separate pages for each of the images I saved with the same title that I use in my articles.

Now, my worry is that since these are long-tail keywords with pretty low competition, it is very likely that Pinterest might overrank my articles for the same keyword.

Or, is it that the traffic from Pinterest could more than make up for the traffic I may lose?

Name your pinterest images (and give them descriptions) as per keyword research you do on Pinterest.

If Pinterest is ranking for a search term it is an indication that it is a weak competitive term (which means that your site should be ranking if you know what you are doing). If that happens you have two positions which lead to your content in the search results and your competition has two less to challenge you with.

If Pinterest is ranking for a search term it is an indication that it is a weak competitive term (which means that your site should be ranking if you know what you are doing). If that happens you have two positions which lead to your content in the search results and your competition has two less to challenge you with.
Great point, thanks @ToffeeLa. This is what I am hoping for. But again it's DA 90 against my DA 1. So, I hope Google doesn't weigh that against me.

Name your pinterest images (and give them descriptions) as per keyword research you do on Pinterest.
Thanks @Sutra - looks like I am going to have to do that. More work, but needs to be done.

I do custom images for featured images which gets shared to Pinterest, unfortunately they’re not pulling contents from my feed address

Btw, as other people have repeatedly mentioned here, Pinterest videos get multiples of metrics versus images. Use a beginner video programme to make extremely simple Pinterest videos from photos or smartphone footage.

Never crossed my mind, thank you. I was just being a lazy bum sharing links from my website to Pinterest and thought I was done with it.

Pinterest pages aren't going to rank for just any old keyword. The Pinterest page has to match the intent of the search query, which isn't as likely as you think. Google has pegged them for certain types of modifiers on keywords (that I'm not interested in sharing) where they rank very well. Otherwise, it's not much of a concern. Pinterest offers almost zero value to searchers unless these modifiers are attached.

Piggybacking on this thread, what's the most efficient way to get images on Pinterest from old content? I get automating new post > hit publish > share to socials but for old/existing content, is there a more efficient way than opening up each URL individually and sharing/pinning?

Or is manual better since you'll want to enter in descriptions manually?

aaaand for the descriptions, how much text you folks tossing in there?

Thanks for the reminder about Pingroupie. I have it bookmarked somewhere but never got around to use it.

So, as I understand it, you send a 'request to join' on groups that allow it, and then pin your posts to these groups? Is that right?

I once got my Pinterest account suspended because I inadvertently used the same image with different descriptions (while creating an ad)- could you get in trouble for submitting the same image to different groups?

I wonder what the right etiquette is.

aaaand for the descriptions, how much text you folks tossing in there?
I try and use the max limit or thereabouts, the more content the better, surely? I also read once that you can drop 3 or so hashtags at the end of the description.

Back