How to find crawl budget in search console

Degree
hello buso member,

i want to know, where i can see and how to read crawl budget? i mean i know crawl budget back then google search console before this new design, but right now i can't see any crawl budget on search console, and i confuse to read it, what is good or what is bad.

any explanation will be helpful for me, thank you

There's a 99% chance you've got zero reason to be worrying about crawl budget.

Your crawl budget is adjusted as is needed, by Google, with a little you can do to influence it. You can do things like:
  • Clean up broken backlinks
  • Clean up redirect chains so they're only ever one hop long
  • Don't have broken images
  • Don't have a bunch of soft 404 redirects (like mass redirecting all hard 404's to the homepage)
  • Have way more quantity and quality of backlinks so you have a higher page rank score
However, unless your site is like 500,000 pages big or a million even, you don't really need to worry about it. Google can crawl our rinky dink little websites just fine, considering they manage to crawl the entire web while constantly discovering billions of new pages.

I don't think you can see any crawl budget figures in Search Console. You can see crawl stats and try to infer things from it but unless you're a big ecommerce store or database site and can see that you're having troubles with it, there's not much point in it.

It doesn't benefit you to have Google returning to your site more often than they need to, and that's exactly what they do. If you're worried about old posts being recrawled when updated or new posts when published, you need to simply submit your sitemaps in Search Console and the problem is solved.

There's a 99% chance you've got zero reason to be worrying about crawl budget.

Your crawl budget is adjusted as is needed, by Google, with a little you can do to influence it. You can do things like:
  • Clean up broken backlinks
  • Clean up redirect chains so they're only ever one hop long
  • Don't have broken images
  • Don't have a bunch of soft 404 redirects (like mass redirecting all hard 404's to the homepage)
  • Have way more quantity and quality of backlinks so you have a higher page rank score
However, unless your site is like 500,000 pages big or a million even, you don't really need to worry about it. Google can crawl our rinky dink little websites just fine, considering they manage to crawl the entire web while constantly discovering billions of new pages.

I don't think you can see any crawl budget figures in Search Console. You can see crawl stats and try to infer things from it but unless you're a big ecommerce store or database site and can see that you're having troubles with it, there's not much point in it.

It doesn't benefit you to have Google returning to your site more often than they need to, and that's exactly what they do. If you're worried about old posts being recrawled when updated or new posts when published, you need to simply submit your sitemaps in Search Console and the problem is solved.
"500,000" pages, meaning under that number, it means nothing? if some site not getting index or slow on indexing nor indexed but suddenly gone from index, is it related to crawl budget, what to explain about it @Ryuzaki

Back