How Much Do You Pay for Outsourced Writers?

I found a neat little hack when using crowd platforms like iWriter ...
Anyone here tried the iwriter syndication service?
They provide this sample report of the places they will syndicate your article out to:
https://seocampaignreport.com/order/report/1681812/04d55a0680

which, if you run it through the MOZ api, has some decent DA sites:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1exQ87n7Gk56Nwyq8WiBSmJmeyUJ8VD7_mvmteAH8P3Q

If you had your backlink in that article, would be some decent juice filtering down if google indexed it.

3 cents per word, but I really hit the jackpot with our writer.

She is a friend of mine, writing stories as a hobby, passionate reader (probably read 1k+ books) and has C1 Cambridge certificate (2nd higher).

She had no SEO knowledge when we started working together, but I spent some time to teach her the basics, I do the keyword research and content strategy, we use Surfer (game changer for content writing) and now I can get up to 3-4 articles (500-1200 words) per week, depending on my demand.

I'm just learning about this stuff, so I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question:

Is there a value in targeting niches where the content pricing can be low, partially because quality isn't as critical?

Some areas will need a higher quality of content just based on the topic (tech for example), so you'll have others that are further down the opposite end of the spectrum where it all sounds like some bullshit someone pulled out of their ass anyway.

Horoscopes, "make money online," yoga, politics and general self-help come to mind.

I'm just learning about this stuff, so I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question:

Is there a value in targeting niches where the content pricing can be low, partially because quality isn't as critical?

Some areas will need a higher quality of content just based on the topic (tech for example), so you'll have others that are further down the opposite end of the spectrum where it all sounds like some bullshit someone pulled out of their ass anyway.

Horoscopes, "make money online," yoga, politics and general self-help come to mind.
Make money online isn't bs. I think MMO requires a way higher quality of content in my opinion. I have many sites on MMO niche. If you don't do quality on MMO niche then you just won't get much traffic.

Also for the other things, I still think it will cost the same price for made-up things like horoscopes as writing about an article on some hobby niche like camping or survival.

Consider the depth you're trying to go with a niche, not the niche as a whole.

A "10 best mechanical keyboard" article requires the same depth of knowledge as a "10 best yoga mats" article. Someone writing needs to know a few key differentiating features/benefits of both, but they're both shallow pieces. One writer could go in blind with both and produce a similar quality piece.

At that depth, if you're paying a premium it's for voice, properly formatted delivery, sourced images & videos, etc. Do either of those lists change whether you pay $20 or $200 for 2k words? Not really.

all sounds like some bullshit someone pulled out of their ass anyway
It's all bullshit. There are no rules. You can do whatever you want.

The writers in my country, in Europe, are terrible and priced very high.

Right now, I'm paying 35 EUR for 600 words.

It's crazy. I've tried writers from everywhere. Upwork, Facebook groups, content mills, Fiverr etc. The amount of unqualified, yet overpriced, writers here is giving me a headache.

I just paid a woman 35 EUR for around 500 words. I lined up the headlines for her and sent a reference article where all the information were. She could basically just re-write that article.

But no.

Poorly written, didn't follow instructions in terms of line breaks, and the tone of voice was awful. She even wrote several incorrect facts - in a 500 word article! Even though my reference article contained clear information and facts!

In this tier 2 country, people overestimate their skill massively. Both when it comes to writers and when buying links. Website owners (SEO's, mom blogs, you name it) want 400 EUR for a link - from a site with like 5-10 referred domains and 2k visitors per month.

I once came across a mom blogger with around 10k visitors per month, who wanted 2000 EUR for a link.

I guess I'm stuck with writing the content myself.

I'm paying $30/1k words for now, but actively looking for writers from UpWorkd to get a bit lower price. Currently sitting on 3 sites, all in different niches, and planning to start with 4th - finding a solid cheaper writer(s) will lower my costs dramatically.

We're hiring writers full-time and paying $2000-2500/month. Mainly from Eastern Europe. I feel it's better to hire full-time and establish a long-term relationship. They have some SEO knowledge and work directly within WordPress.

I pay $25-30 / 1k words.
Got a huge bump in quality when I moved away from the $20/1k line. (Inspired by my time as a freelancer, where $20/1k rates were so common that they became a yellow flag.)

I pay between 2-3 cents per word (so $20-$30 per 1000 words), for my writers.

All of my writers are subject matter experts (I do not hire generalists), who are based in the US.

Given their expertise (and location), this is a lower rate than my writers would normally accept elsewhere.

The reason why they are accepting this rate is because if needed, I could give them 2 posts per day, with an average wordcount of 2000-3000 words (so potential earnings of ~$180/day if they really go for it).

Because the writers are subject matter experts, this is completely doable for them, as far less research time is required for their posts vs generalist writers.

SCALE: This is how I can get extremely high quality content at a very affordable price per word.
How are you finding writers who just happen to be experts in your target niche? Seems like finding a needle in a haystack

$450 per month salary. 1 article per biz day. 1200 to 1500 words per. Math works out to be 1.5 to 1.8 cents per word, $15 to $18.75 per 1000 words. I got lucky.

Currently working with generalists. Will be interested in moving to subject matter experts at a later time.

Back