How much do backlinks help for a 1 yr old site with no backlinks...

What kind of boost we talking here? I have a site that is 11 months old and no backlinks. actually there's 3 from random low quality "image search engine" sites.

How much would a good set of backlinks boost a site like this? (assuming they are correctly set up and are good links from fairly good DA sites)

bernard

BuSo Pro
It would help a lot for sure, but can't really say how much without knowing the specifics, but yeah, if you have any traffic without backlinks, you'll be doing much better with.

This is great to know. Thanks guys. I'll report back with my before and after for the other new guys who may come across this thread.

No need to rush with the backlinks. Diversification with different types of backlinks will be great, but you may start very easy with basic links from relevant profiles, company info sites etc. Don't take the link building so hard. I am always reading very good case studies of websites with lots of traffic with no link building built. Give users value, don't waste their time and everything will go well.

I agree with Nikola. The more you focus on backlincks, the less you're adding content and/or proofreading. I would do SEO backlinks when I am ahead of the game on my content output. Just my two cents.

I agree with Nikola. The more you focus on backlincks, the less you're adding content and/or proofreading. I would do SEO backlinks when I am ahead of the game on my content output. Just my two cents.
This is very bad advice especially for newbies who don't know how SEO and Google works. The algorithm still gives a lot of importance to Pagerank, so not focusing on links won't work out well most of the time.
Google increased the weight of backlinks in many updates (one of them was the may update) and sites with no or very weak links got wrecked. I saw this time and time again.

Yes, you can rank without links, but you must target a lot easier keywords and publish hundreds/thousands of articles on the topic to have huge topical relevance. Most of the time you still won't be able to move to the top for hard keywords (without links). Great content is not enough most of the time for top3 (for hard keywords). Yes, great content is needed for the visitors (to stay on your site), but great content alone will not be enough.

I am not creating enough links myself and I'm still working on improving here. But I know how important links are. At least get the basics down create some social profiles, get some guest posts, some forum posts. Even weak links are better than nothing.

Steve Brownlie

Building Links
BuSo Pro
I did a guest post over at @andreint site a while back looking at this in more detail. The tl;dr is it'll vary depending on your niche and what keywords you're targeting but there's always/often a link gap to close to people who have the rankings you want. If it's too big you may want to reevaluate your strategy/target terms etc.

https://www.brandbuilders.io/analysing-beating-link-building-strategies/