How many TLDs do you grab when starting a new project?

animalstyle

BuSo Pro
Degree
For a long term project, a brand with a name you want people to know, how deep do you go with registering and redirecting TLDs outside the base (lets say the main URL is a .com)

Just the .Net and .Org, I don't fool with mispellings and the lesser extensions.

I finally settled on just one, which is a new TLD. The rest was already taken. Before that I was buying .net, .com, .org if it was possible. But this new TLD (for example "car.club") I have now is part of a brand name so I'm happy with it. In terms of SEO? I don't really care about other sites using the same name with different extension. The best example of right usage of new TLDs is abc.xyz. If it makes sense I'm 100% after domain names with new TLDs.

Just one, the .com. Before I settle on a name I might spend hours (over the course of several days usually) with a tool like Lean Domain Search, until I can find a good enough domain with available social handles. I gave up on finding the perfect domain 10 years ago, those are long gone.

Back