How many articles are you writting before starting to look for backlinks?

Degree
Hola,

I am a newbie and I am building my first niche site. It uses the amazon affilate program, cause I think that is a good way to start out.

At the moment I have written three 2000 word reviews, styled(logo etc.) my website properly. Now I was wondering if it makes sense to go for backlinks or not?

How do you do it?

It really depends on your risk tolerance.
You can start building them from the get-go (semi churn'n brun, you gotta know what you're doing), or publish ~20-30 articles before you start working on the off-site stuff.

You can create and develop your social profiles while you're generating all that content. This will help you get some solid initial traction.

After you set everything up (content, monetization, funnels, signups...) focus on trafficleaks and you can start prospecting and inspecting your niche for potential links.
Don't know if you're planning on building links the Moz style or 'standard' affiliate power style - but you'll find some pretty solid tactics here on this forum.

Best

It really depends on your risk tolerance.
Don't know if you're planning on building links the Moz style or 'standard' affiliate power style - but you'll find some pretty solid tactics here on this forum.

Best

What is link building in terms of Moz style or affiliate power style?

Muchos gracias in advance!

What is link building in terms of Moz style or affiliate power style?
Muchos gracias in advance!

Well, long story short:
Moz/whitehat:
  • create awesome content and it'll create links without you breaking a sweat (mhm)
  • do the same and outreach to the influencers
  • old content improvement techniques (working pretty fine, but it's niche dependant)
  • broken links technique (same)
  • etc
Affiliate style/grey-bh (me when doing lb for amazon/cb/cj affiliate sites)
  • content doesn't really matter, links do.
  • PBN
  • SAPE
  • Manual web 2.0s
  • Quality contextual spam for my tiers
  • 301s
  • Parasites
  • etc.
Regardless of what you do, apply TrafficLeaks and you'll get huge amounts of traffic (if applied properly) before you start seing anything organic. That way, if you decide to flip that property, you'll bump up its value because of the variety of traffic sources.

In this game you need to diversify everything. Starting from your content and anchor texts up to link and traffic sources.
Try, test, rinse, repeat

Good luck

You can definitely start adding backlinks at any part in the game, even to a domain with nothing on it. Literally nothing on it, or just "coming soon" with an email opt-in. There's no rules.

You can get away with any volume of links but that depends on the type of project you're building. Is it a keeper and high quality or just something you're going to spam.

You can definitely start adding backlinks at any part in the game, even to a domain with nothing on it. Literally nothing on it, or just "coming soon" with an email opt-in. There's no rules.

You can get away with any volume of links but that depends on the type of project you're building. Is it a keeper and high quality or just something you're going to spam.
Gracias!

What would be a project where only a optIn page is suitable?

Gracias!

What would be a project where only a optIn page is suitable?

Is it long-form or short-form? If it's short, the traffic is likely going to be more based on Brand promotion than link building.

I'm not really sure what to say about this series of questions.

Think about the various scenarios...

A site gets built and doesn't catch on for years. No links are acquired over the first year, then maybe 10 links the 2nd year, and then finally it starts picking up.

Or you get some god-tier marketers throwing up a site and immediately driving tons of PPC traffic, nailing in guest posts, and lots of natural links start flowing along with social signals.

Then you have Builder-tier marketers who might start promoting and building links to a domain before a site is even live on it. It might have such a solid snare to it that it gets 1,000,000 social shares and 500,000 links over night from all of the top sites on the web. And THEN the site goes live. It's a one-pager, it's a 100 pager. Doesn't matter.

The point is that it doesn't matter WHEN or HOW MUCH when it comes to links.

What does matter is... is it a NATURAL backlink profile.

And if you're going to go through the funny business of trying to fake a natural backlink profile, you might as well just become a marketer and actually have a natural backlink profile.

God speed.

Then you have Builder-tier marketers who might start promoting and building links to a domain before a site is even live on it. It might have such a solid snare to it that it gets 1,000,000 social shares and 500,000 links over night from all of the top sites on the web. And THEN the site goes live. It's a one-pager, it's a 100 pager. Doesn't matter.

Thx for your answer! I have never thought about these different arts of marketing.

I personally think builder-tier marketers are probably the most interesting to me, to learn the ground rules. Any examples you can think of such websites? Any recommendation, where to read more about such techniques?

Gracias in advance for your answers!

Back