How Do You Increase RPM on a Page to Page Basis?

Degree
My overall RPM with Mediavine is in the low 20s.

It would be higher, but some of my most popular pages are dragging that down significantly, with an RPM of between $5-8.

There's nothing fundamentally different about these pages in regard to images, content length etc. It must just be the topic of the page. Most of my content has a fill rate of 90%+, but these pages have a fill rate of 60-65%.

Does anyone know of any tricks to increase the RPM?

They should have some guides on this exact thing - or at least I know Adthrive does, but they are locked for publishers only. I assume MV has the same thing or your account rep should help.

Mediavine does have guides. All of the guides will amount to things like:
  • Longer, engaging content
  • More images for more scrolling and engagement
  • Bigger font sizes (about 18px is right)
  • Break your paragraphs into smaller sizes. 2-3 sentences each.
  • Increase the % of screen space an ad can take up at any given time. I think 25% is max, don't quote me.
  • Allow ads to run after every 1 or 2 paragraphs.
  • Don't cap the number of ads per article. Let them load as many as possible as the person continues to engage.
  • Run video ads and "anchor" ads.
  • Have a sidebar with a static position ad that scrolls with the user that refreshes. Kills it on desktop.
  • There's more related specifically to Mediavine or Ad Thrive tech.
If I had to add anything from my own brain, I'd say to check those bad pages of yours for "no no words" like cuss words, sex words, war and weapon words, violence, and anything not family friendly. That could be killing a lot of bid pressure before it even starts.

It'll depend on the niche of the page as much as the overall site. Some will hit the low $20's or even lower. I have a site doing ~$20 in Q1, $35 in Q2 & Q3, and $50 in Q4. I have another that does $30 in Q1, $45 in Q2 & Q3, and upwards to $75 in Q4. Of course all of that fluctuates daily. Niche matters due to bidding pressure. The bigger, the better. Even with low cost products it can slay due to the number of companies bidding. You can get even higher RPMs in tougher niches, but you probably won't be working with as much traffic either.

Short paragraphs is a very overlooked way of improving UX and increasing monetization opportunities. Tons of images in a post is also crucial as are site wide videos.

Except for videos, I feel like I've done everything I can.

I think the topic of these pages isn't something advertisers want to be associated with.

Back