How do I run branded paid campaigns on social media?

Degree
I finished the form thing I made the other thread about, and now I am at a bit of a loss. Ranking for SEO is easy, the niche is not saturated and the people currently in it are all focused on boring nerdy aspects of the vertical that no one really cares about. You need 2-3 years of professional hands on technical experience and self education to get into the niche as a business owner, and it is not something you can go to school for. Getting the site to #1 on Google will happen naturally in a few months, but due to the nature of what I am doing, that probably wont get me a lot of converting traffic.

I need to advertise. My service is highly incentivized, I actually pay people hundreds of dollars by check through the mail. I am trying to get some kind of social media presence going, because I will have an enormous number of positive reviews and also because FB and Insta seem to be the most popular media publishers by far for my demographic. Twitter and Snapchat ads would also be killer, but I am a relic from the Cold War and do not understand these things.

Do you guys get a standard portfolio of images done and then plaster them across platforms? How do you drip content to all this crap? Is there a thread or a guide about how to set it all up for branded advertising campaigns on here?

I already had to go buy a burner phone + SIM like a drug dealer just to make company accounts for all this god damn sillyness. It's like they didn't think the internet was a complicated enough pain in the ass so they added secret levels to it or something. I'm paying for a banner on 4CHAN because of all this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys get a standard portfolio of images done and then plaster them across platforms? How do you drip content to all this crap?

You can either outsource them to someone that'll do it how they want, with Photoshop, or you can do the same or do it yourself with something like Canva. For drip feeding it, there's tons of automation software for any social media site you want. I think Facebook and Instagram even built in scheduling of posts now (maybe just Facebook). For Pinterest the go-to is Tailwind.

In general though, to get a sizeable following that's worth anything you'll need to pay for advertising on the platforms, but even that kind of sucks since they're reducing the reach to your own fans. The better move is probably straight up PPC campaigns to landers and optimizing the campaign and lander for conversions.

For Facebook you can also buy posts on other people's pages and even pay to have them boosted if you're just looking for exposure. There's no real tricks other than to get it done. You either funnel traffic to your pages from off-site to the social profiles so you can re-connect with them (bad idea these days), hit them with retargeting pixels like on Facebook so you can build "similar audiences", etc. It's largely pay to play these days.

Back