How do I remove sitelinks from Google SERPs?

Degree
Eveything I am reading looks like you used to be able to remove these using search console but cannot anymore. Is the quick remove feature from search console now gone?

Thanks

Are you trying to remove or replace? I've seen a couple of bad suggestions for one of my sites recently.

Id take remove or replace fo now, its a new site and development is slow so nothing can be done quickly but they are very wrong.
For example imagine its a bankng site the sitelinks rather than invest and accounts google decided to put up foreclosure and enformement action for late payers (the real example is actually worse!)

@Frog, It used to be that you could choose to blacklist specific URLs from the sitelinks, but I think those days are gone.

Nowadays, there's not one set of sitelinks. Each user might get a different set of them that Google thinks is most relevant to that user, their query, their past searches, etc. It's one of those algorithmic things these days. Some users may not get any at all if they'll detract from giving you a click, etc.

The best way I know to influence it is to be meticulous with you internal links. Those with the most internal links (meaning in the menu) that are prominently featured (top of the page in the menu) in important HTML5 tags (like the <nav> tag) are far more likely to get listed.

In this way you show Google what pages you deem are most important for your website, and they'll act accordingly for the most part.

Back