How do I Make my Site Mobile Friendly?

Degree
Hi everyone.

I want to know what things that should consider when working on mobile friendly, what about it and why?

I just reading about the amp, i think it is not relevant anymore since all the website already responsive. Why should we use or create m.domain.com? Thank you for your input about mobile optimization.

You need a responsive theme with font sizes at or above 16px with enough padding within and margin around links that they're tap-friendly (meaning links and buttons aren't too close together and are big enough to press).

You need to make sure this responsive theme doesn't have elements that extend outside the main container's maximum width (which should be equal to the viewport size of the device being used) as to not create horizontal scroll bars for the whole site.

Using a sub-domain like m.domain.com is a bad idea. Subdomains are seen as separate websites so you'd be wasting your link juice. You do not want a separate mobile theme. You don't need to use anything special or even detect the viewport size or device or user-agent. Just have a responsive theme where the CSS code uses @media queries to detect the width of the viewport.

That's really about it. Any theme you download or purchase at this point, in late 2023, should be responsive. We as web designers have been accommodating mobile users for over a decade now. It's baked in and standard now.

Back