How do I go about making my own supplements? Has anyone here done it?

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
^ Want to create my own supplements, as I feel I have a pretty good idea, and the market has some interest.

Did some googling, couldn’t find much information on it.

Has anyone here done something similar?

Your country will have some kind of FDA - Food & Drug Administration governmental oversight group. That makes it a pain for people looking to go into this kind of thing, because you have to schedule them to visit your labs, check the quality, cleanliness, truthfulness of your product and claims, etc. I'm sure it's far more complicated but I never bothered to dig because the solution already existed.

Fulfillment Centers are what rose to solve this problem. They deal with the governmental agency and you order your product from them. So you can even come up with a proprietary blend, and they can encapsulate it, order and print your labels, put them on bottles, and ship them straight to Amazon or wherever, however. Basically you cut them in to not have to deal with anything other than marketing.

I know a guy in the diet supplement industry who's a multi-millionaire and has never even touched his own line of products. Of course he'd might take more pride if he wasn't a churn and burn spammer. But that's how easy it is to get it done, that people succeed and never see or touch the product themselves.

Your country will have some kind of FDA - Food & Drug Administration governmental oversight group. That makes it a pain for people looking to go into this kind of thing, because you have to schedule them to visit your labs, check the quality, cleanliness, truthfulness of your product and claims, etc. I'm sure it's far more complicated but I never bothered to dig because the solution already existed.

Fulfillment Centers are what rose to solve this problem. They deal with the governmental agency and you order your product from them. So you can even come up with a proprietary blend, and they can encapsulate it, order and print your labels, put them on bottles, and ship them straight to Amazon or wherever, however. Basically you cut them in to not have to deal with anything other than marketing.

I know a guy in the diet supplement industry who's a multi-millionaire and has never even touched his own line of products. Of course he'd might take more pride if he wasn't a churn and burn spammer. But that's how easy it is to get it done, that people succeed and never see or touch the product themselves.
Yeah it sucks, initially I wanted to buy the source ingredients and just make things myself but I quickly learned that would be illegal lol.

I’ll have to do some research on good fulfillment companies. But it’s nice to know that it is actually possible.

I was thinking of designing and building up everything then even pitching my idea on kickstarter

Creating your own I assume you would need proper R&D and legal counsel.

Wouldn't it be much easier to just white label existing products from large manufacturers?

Yeah it sucks, initially I wanted to buy the source ingredients and just make things myself but I quickly learned that would be illegal lol.

And ain't that a retarded situation. "I want to make a product" and your assumption, rightly, it that the government will attack you if you do so. Is there any more contemptible group in any country than its government? If it weren't for those busy body cunts, the law would just be "you must list accurately what your product is" and then do whatever you want.

There is a website: https://redsupplements.com/. He seems to have managed to work his way around it. Apparently as long as you can euphemistically call the product a "supplement" rather than a "drug" or a "food", the FDA* will fuck off. That's all you can really hope for, go to a lawyer and ask "what is the minimum I have to do while being productive in this space to avoid the government attacking me for it?". Even if you have to call it "grout additive don't eat it wink wink".

* I heard recently from Peter Thiel that it takes a drug company $3Billion I think he said, just to get a drug through the FDA. In my mind that makes the FDA pretty close to a bunch of killers. Oh this pre-approval drug could save your grandma? Sorry, but your grandma dying is no skin off our nose. Give it to her and we'll put you in jail though. Thugs.

Back