How can I use an Award to get links for SEO

Degree
Hey everyone. The company I do SEO for received an award (a "company of the year" award). We went up against 100s of other companies and won.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience using this kind of stuff to get links. We're going to use it in outreach campaigns. We have badges on our site and we've sent out an email blast, but I feel like there are ways we can use it to get on some pretty good sites. Any advice would be appreciated.

This could be an example of a legitimate reason to put out a genuine press release. (Not for the PR links but for getting mentioned on industry news sites..)

Thanks @MetaData we did put out a Press Release. It seemed to help a little. I'm wondering if we can approach some pretty big sites with it, I'm really just trying to come up with how. It's in the investing niche, so maybe some pretty big finance sites.

Just offhand, something like this comes to mind:

Create an article explaining "how we won the company of the year award", if you haven't done so in your press release already. If it's because of excellent customer service, highly skilled staff, etc, tell them about it. Include any positives that would help people connect with the brand. People like reading "how I/we got to point b" type articles, I know I do. To me, that sounds like a good starting point to set up some traffic leaks on relevant financial sites.

The words "award winning" are kind of overused, but could still be effective. If anything, it helps with the trust factor. There may be several angles to approach with that context as well.

Back