hosting on blogger?

Degree
Any advantages or disadvantages on using blogger with a customer url.

It's free, indexed fast, and performs ok,

You mean the advantages/disadvantages between self hosted vs hosting on blogger?

The biggest thing I can think of is ownership. Just like in traffic sources you don't want your everything relying on another entity. If you're using blogger or any service like it --they could shut you down whenever they wanted for whatever reason they come up with. If you're self hosted than you're a lot more in control. Just my thoughts though. Maybe some one else can chime in?

Your right, just wonder if there is any evidence of google playing nice with sites they host

You know. I've thought about that several times, just never got around to testing it out lol.

For certain things, sure. For your main money site? I wouldn't want to build my empire on somebody else's sand.

Agree 100% with @MetaData & @vinnypolston . Build the money site on your own land. If you don't own the domain, you don't own the site. Another issue is control over the tech on the server. Would you want to limit yourself to just what an admin control panel will allow? With a hosted wordpress or blogger site you're living in the "box" of whatever the service will allow you to do. So yea, for a money site, roll your own (hire dev/designer if need be). Consider sites like blogger places to build sites relevant to the money site. Sites that, if they were to suddenly wiped off the face of the earth, it doesn't hurt your feelings or most importantly, your income.

Yeah, I dig it, was thinking the same, thanks team

Blogger will definitely take down sites on it that get spammed and they deem unworthy. That could include your precious money site after a competitor neg's it.

There is so much evidence of Google favoring it's own properties that it's been investigated a few times for it. Youtube is one but most recently its that coupon site they bought. RetailMeNot I think it is.

Back