Holy growth rate!!

shiftymcnab

BuSo Pro
Degree
Morning BUSO,

Doing some research this morning into competitors and refining my first topic/niche target and found essentially a brand new site, slamming the serps.. Registered in November 2017. I'm sharing simply because I'm astonished at the growth rate and profile it has in such a short time.

I'm going to go back to dissecting there link profile and strategies (Bar massive amounts of content creation) once i'm marketer mode.

Anyway, WOW!
wowholygrowthrate.jpg

Looks like a mass spam play to me, just looking at the numbers and the growth rate. It's all pretty linear on the referring pages (indicative of spam drips) while it spikes vertically on referring domains and reaches a natural limit as Ahrefs finds all the domains they nailed. But that many backlinks on that few domains looks like a classic mixture of open reg contextuals, blog comments, trackbacks, and social bookmarks.

I dug a little deeper and came to the same conclusion. The site is pretty sizeable too, the content certainly isn’t bad. The link profile is rotten as hell, bad contextual links, not relevant sites and lots of comments, there where a few tier link set ups too.

I’m going to watch this one closely to see how long it lasts..

Seems like an expensive churn and burn strategy tho and I hope it’s been done by the owner as a strategy and not some poor soul just had his investment put on a knife edge.

It initially shocked me as I really wasn’t expecting heavy spam to be dominating such a vast amount of serps.

Back