High RPM ad networks for business audience

Degree
I routinely come across publishers on Mediavine and Adthrive that make upwards of $20 RPM from their blogs. Some go even as much as $40.

But these are for lifestyle blogs.

I have a blog targeting B2B and small business audience. As I understand, this audience should have higher RPM than someone selling skincreams.

But most of the ad networks targeting this audience like PropellerAds, Media.net, etc. do not seem to have high RPMs. I'd be lucky to get $5 per 1000 views.

Are there Mediavine-like networks for these other audiences that they don't cover?

Those ad networks suck. It is known. Get your traffic up asap to get on the better networks. Usually the ladders goes: Adsense > Ezoic > Mediavine or Adthrive (of these two you'll need to test which is better though there are other factors to consider such as support, etc).

Also, you won't necessarily make more RPMs in a business niche than skincare. It depends what keywords you're targeting. If site A is in skincare but targeting terms that have high commercial value while site B is is in a business niche targeting low value informational content, site A will likely get higher rpms. Also other things like, number of ads on the page (longer content vs shorter), using video, etc.

Of course, it's usually not cut and dry like that as there is usually a mixture of content. Just making the point that there is more context to consider when asking why niche A makes less/more rpms than niche B.

Back