High authority link to money page or to hub page?

Sutra

Investor and Business Mentor
BuSo Pro
Degree
About to start a link building process to rank better.

When I get a link on a high authority site (and assuming I'd have a choice), would it be better to:

A) Have the link point to a single money page (that earns high affiliate commissions and contains no links other than conversion links)

or

B) Have the link point to hub page (i.e. an in-depth article that links to several money pages that earn high affiliate commissions)?

So in essence, funnel it all to one page, or spread it through several pages.

C) Have the link point at a single money page that earns high affiliate commissions, but at the end of that money page have a link to a hubpage that then links out to several money sites, I'm sure you can find a way to get the first link on to the page in a way that doesn't really make the user want to click it, but hey even if they do nothing is lost

This is a little difficult to answer because most sites will obtain several high quality links and not just a single one.

But, since we're trying to make money, point it to your money page. Your navigation and sidebar links (if you have one) are going to leak juice out to the rest of the site anyway.

Again, this question lives inside somewhat of a vacuum because most site owners will be actively building these high quality links on an ongoing basis.

In my situation, my partner and I have a hub page that links out to all our money pages. We build our highest quality links to both the hub page and all the money pages in which it links. We also drop our affiliate links intelligently on the hub page incase the traffic never funnels down to the actual money pages.

On top of this, we have guides, a blog, and a resources/tools page that all receive nice links as well. This helps boost the authority/trust of the site, gains new eyes that would have otherwise not seen our site, and helps to keep the juice flowing all over the site. This is why your internal linking game must be strong.

Why not both? Link to your supporting articles (hub articles) that are linking to your money pages internally and your desired money page from the same source. know little bit about diluting link juice when linking multiple times from one source - not worry about that because, let's face it, we want as many quality links as we can get. Just make sure that you are consistent with your efforts getting them links.

This is what I call a win win win situation or this

VTBKAJ.gif

Gracias amigos. That's cleared some things up for me. Now then, to start the process!

Hey amigo...I'm sure you have a list of pages that you would like to target, but I will go, if you haven't, and check GA and WT for the pages that have one of the following or combination of things to start with:

1. Pages that already ranking but need a little boost to jump one or two positions over
2. Pages getting a lot of impressions and found ranked on page 2
3. Pages that are making money right now - look how you can dominate the page with a second listing :evil:

Google is for sure giving all pages a boost just by being on a domain with a lot of links. It doesn't matter as much where they link as long as it goes to your domain somewhere. I mean that all of the pages linked to from the hub are still going to benefit if you take the link directly to the money page. And that's what I'd do because it'll get the page level metric boost and the domain wide metric boost. Thats the fastest impact on revenue instead of sharing it around. You dont have to share because you can go out and get more links to each page and to the hub. Send them everywhere, but if you need results sooner then go straight to the page while knowing every page wins at the same time.

You'll get the most bang for you buck linking directly to your money page. But if you can't get your money page approved, linking to a hub page is also effective.

Back