Hi from Argentina!

Degree
Hi guys,
Thanks for accepting me here. This is Martin, from Argentina.
I work as front end web developer for a local agency (for foreign clients), and I run also my own SEO agency with my partner, since 2012. Previously, I had worked some time as SEO freelance for some local clients. Until now (actually, it's been a while already), I have always worked as 'white hat', but I'm really tired of reading everywhere about google propaganda, given that I KNOW that it is mostly bullshit. I don't want to make this boring. I just want to get more and more knowledge from you guys, I want to apply your techniques in a different market than yours (Argentina, Spain, spanish-speaking countries mostly), and of course I'd be more than happy to share my progress and case studies with you all. I promise I will not ask silly questions before testing things myself.
Thank you, and have a good day.

Degree
Hi, dude happy to have you here, looking forward to your trades :smile:

Degree
and of course I'd be more than happy to share my progress and case studies with you all.
Yesss! Moar of this! case studies are my favorite. Thanks for joining and bringing your experience and knowledge.

Degree
I see what you're saying that most of what Google says is propaganda, but is there any other reason for your switch from White to Black? Were you finding White hat to be less effective? I feel like I get as much power from a good clean white link as I do a huge spam blast, with less risk.

Glad to have you on board and interested in your perspective on this! :smile:

MetaData

BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Hey Martin, welcome to the forum! It's great to have more agency folks here. Looking forward to your contributions and helping you out in any way we can :smile:

Degree
I see what you're saying that most of what Google says is propaganda, but is there any other reason for your switch from White to Black? Were you finding White hat to be less effective? I feel like I get as much power from a good clean white link as I do a huge spam blast, with less risk.

Glad to have you on board and interested in your perspective on this! :smile:
Thanks everyone for the kind welcome!
@TeddyP, honestly, I should not have mentioned white/black hats. IMHO, unless you work for a company whose gears work all together, with people assigned to different teams that work all together towards the same goal (offline and online marketing, content, press, etc), which can lead to viral news that spread naturally and their site getting links on that way, etc etc, it makes no sense to talk about white vs. black. Whatever you do in order to improve your rankings, it goes against Google guidelines, and would be considered black. Yeah, OK, optimizing your titles is recommended by Google maybe, but most of the times you will not reach page 1 by doing only what Google says it's OK.
So, to reply your question "Were you finding White hat to be less effective?", think about those local clients with their sites built in 1999 all in Flash and background music. OK, maybe he's not the kind of clients you want to get, but if you do, you would need to do some things which do not fall 100% in the "white" basket, unless you can charge them enough money to re-build their site, add a blog, create newsworthy content that gain press exposure and links naturally, and even in that case, you will need maybe much more time to give results.
This is a topic covered everywhere, so no sense to keep talking about that here I think, in my poor english... This is just my opinion, and I'm not a guru in nothing at all. So, just wear the hat you like the most, but whatever you pick, put your focus on making money :smile:

lyannastark

Valar Morghulis
Boot Camp
Degree
This is a topic covered everywhere, so no sense to keep talking about that here I think, in my poor english... This is just my opinion, and I'm not a guru in nothing at all. So, just wear the hat you like the most, but whatever you pick, put your focus on making money :smile:
Poor English? Nawww surely you don't really think so? Your English is great! Welcome to BuSo by the way. I agree with you re Google's hats. If you call it SEO it's black hat. Technically, even if you adjust your title tags it's still black hat because you're doing it with the intention of "manipulating" the SERPs.