Hi All - Keyword Research Lover Here

Degree
Hi all,

Been involved with IM for a few years now and active on another IM forum, got pointed to this one today and looking to get involved. I'm heavily involved in keyword research and last year moved away from Amazon Affiliate sites of my own to local lead generation/rank and rent. Competition is much lower and pay is much higher.

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Hi, @holzr, I used to do lead gen through pay-per-call. It was straight cash, but to get the big money I had to work in extremely competitive niches in terms of SEO or PPC costs. I got out of that and into easier niches where I could make up the difference in volume.

I had a buddy that got into local lead generation like you're talking about. He would port the same landing page across cities and niches and run Adwords campaigns at them with tons of negative keywords. I can't say more, but he had an amazing method for trimming out keywords and keeping his costs low and earnings high. But even with that, he ultimately got sick of rolling out landers and running campaigns. The money wasn't there for him.

We had a guy doing a massive local lead gen network clearing like $50k a month but he stopped posting after a while. He wanted to sell his optimization as a service here which made me pretty suspect of the claim of making that much per month. He disappeared soon after.

Anyways, I'm just rambling. Glad to have you aboard and hope to learn more from you regarding local SEO.

Degree
Hi Holzr

Welcome to BuSo. I'm also looking to diversify from amazon since the affiliate cuts. It seems that you were more visionary than many of us and definitely did the right thing. Could you explain a bit more about how you approach leadg/rank and rent?

Looking forward to reading your posts on this awesome forum. Cheers!

secretagentdad

Keyword Sheeter - The Bestest Keyword Tool
BuSo Pro
Degree
Local lead gen plus keyword research = happy happy life

Welcome.

Degree
Hi holzr . Welcome. I joined yesterday! My ears perk up when I hear 'local.' Not that I'm good at it but I see the potential.
1. How does one rank for local when the serps seem to be dominated by directories?
2. What advice will you give a local single location brick and mortar business website as far was site structure is concerned?

Degree
Hi, @holzr, I used to do lead gen through pay-per-call. It was straight cash, but to get the big money I had to work in extremely competitive niches in terms of SEO or PPC costs. I got out of that and into easier niches where I could make up the difference in volume.

I had a buddy that got into local lead generation like you're talking about. He would port the same landing page across cities and niches and run Adwords campaigns at them with tons of negative keywords. I can't say more, but he had an amazing method for trimming out keywords and keeping his costs low and earnings high. But even with that, he ultimately got sick of rolling out landers and running campaigns. The money wasn't there for him.

We had a guy doing a massive local lead gen network clearing like $50k a month but he stopped posting after a while. He wanted to sell his optimization as a service here which made me pretty suspect of the claim of making that much per month. He disappeared soon after.

Anyways, I'm just rambling. Glad to have you aboard and hope to learn more from you regarding local SEO.
Haha I love to ramble also.

Nice, yeah there's defo some industries out their that pay exceptionally well. I was looking around once and saw some CPC $1,000+ and $500 so can't imagine what lead price would be like, I mainly stick to home services, would like to try getting into restoration as that's where there's good money but SEO budget is going to be a lot higher.

I want to play around with Google Ads/PPC more but need some time to learn more, I can do the basics but being able to work on CRO and landing page designs. A/B testing etc. would be useful. Although CPC can be so expensive nowadays. Here in the UK competition is waaayyy lower we don't really have cities where a plumber would pay $60 per click.

My goal for years has been to get out of SEO/Affiliate/Content sites/Publishing. Waayy to much risk for a long term strategy with all the updates and fee cuts etc. So my plan is make enough and invest in real estate and an online business I can build a brand around and market/sales without relying on SEO.

I'm working on some short term methods atm (local parasite SEO, running my own KW research and related services) and medium term projects (single city lead gen. sites). Likely to just build the sites up to $$$-$$$$ a month and flip. Maybe keep a few to provide some steady cashflow to pay bills etc.

I might do some case studies and AMA here if I get a free minute.

Hi Holzr

Welcome to BuSo. I'm also looking to diversify from amazon since the affiliate cuts. It seems that you were more visionary than many of us and definitely did the right thing. Could you explain a bit more about how you approach leadg/rank and rent?

Looking forward to reading your posts on this awesome forum. Cheers!
Hi, thanks. Sure,

I work only in home services (plumber, landscaper, painter etc.). I'll do KW research, create the site and let it index/rank. Keep scaling up, build links, I monetize with an affiliate network. Not a fan of working direct with business as it's too much work, I'm busy enough.

Local lead gen plus keyword research = happy happy life

Welcome.
Thanks, haha yep.

Been using your tool for years now (before the name change), it's great! So basic but so useful. It beats most SEO tools KW research tools a lot of the times, able to spit out heaps.
Hi holzr . Welcome. I joined yesterday! My ears perk up when I hear 'local.' Not that I'm good at it but I see the potential.
1. How does one rank for local when the serps seem to be dominated by directories?
2. What advice will you give a local single location brick and mortar business website as far was site structure is concerned?
Hi,

1. This is a good sign! The less local business I see the better, especially if the directories don't meet search intent very well. This is often the case in suburbs and Census designated places etc. Because a business will probably be targeting the main city.
2. For my sites I keep structure pretty simple. Homepage targets main keyword and then I build service pages. So if it's a broad niche like landscaping I'd target landscaping Houston on the homepage and build out service pages like lawn care, sod installation, tree service etc. Another approach is to also build out city pages for areas also served. So for Houston you could build out a page targeting landscaping Pasadena.

EyesExist

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
Welcome to the board.

I did the Pay Per Call industry for a few years as well. Beautiful time of my life. I used to wake up waiting for OfferVault to show me a new network lol All that's over now.

I've now launched my own product.

Sounds like you've found a great way to profit off your learned talent! Welcome tot he board.