Introductions Thread

...that sounds like an interesting story. If it's not too sensitive, can you tell us more about the circumstances of what happened? If you can't bring it up, I totally understand.

Thanks for joining. Sounds like you probably have boat loads of experience. Glad to have you around.

White hat for an online pharmacy sounds like a nightmare! I know a lot of people won't touch that niche even if it's completely legal and spam free, just due to the associations.

Thanks for hopping aboard, Max. Nice to meet you.

Welcome Max! Looks like you've got quite a bit to contribute to the community! Appreciate you being here and looking forward following your case studies!

Urban Farming is something I've looked at online. So many cool products and very clever inventions to circulate water... feed veggies off of fish waste, filter water through the soil, back to the pond, etc. So cool.

Welcome! Glad to have you! Maybe you could share urban farming tips in the Water Cooler section :smile: Sounds like something I might try.

Welcome! Yeah I agree with @vinnypolston , also looking forward to your case studies. Another great addition to the community. Score 1 BuSo! :smile:

haha +1 for the alpaca! Welcome to BuSo. And yes, your English is really good. You have nothing to worry about. I love your name. Mayhem... very mysterious. :cool:

Hey guys,

Frank here, didn't want to be a lurker in this forum as I am in most.

Been in the SEO game for a few year not all that successful got plenty more to learn

Cheers,
Frank

Hey Frank, welcome to BuSo, nice to have you on board. I'm noticing a lot of people mentioning that they usually lurk but they're coming out of the shadows here - that's awesome!!

Hey Max nice to have you on board. I can't even imagine whitehat seo in that niche, can't wait to see your case studies. +subscribed.

Welcome to BuSo, Frank! Hope you have a great time here, don't be afraid to jump in and contribute! :smile:

Haha well done Mandy! Keep having those small victories! Keep testing, and keep moving forward.

I just joined the group. I am not new to SEO but I believe we all have something to learn and in SEO there is more than one way to do anything. I like to read other peoples methods and learn from their mistakes or accomplishments. I think a group is the way to go in this field since there will be questions and ideas I may have never thought of myself.

I look forward to learning.

Thanks everyone. @MetaData When that new section opens up I would love to start a thread about urban farming.

@Calamari I think a lot of people would be surprised how much money a small farm in the middle of a city could generate. We sell to a lot of the local restaurants and have monthly subscriptions for our veggies.

@lyannastark I think I will when when the new "mental game" section opens up. Oh wait I wasn't supposed to tell anyone about that section....

Obvious spam-post trying to rank your youtube video for surf with alpacas but I'll let it slide. (jk!)

RHexZ.gif
You think surfing with alpacas is awesome, you should try it with a Lion! *aloha*
There's no place for another king on the wave :wink:

I love your name. Mayhem... very mysterious. :cool:
I always struggled to find a name that I'm willing to keep, i like this one the most :D

Anyways, thanks for the nice welcome and compliments on my English.
I'm thinking about starting a 21 days challenge in the following weeks so you can help me out in my derp moments

well I only want to learn from the best, maybe even will help some others some time.

What to say - I'm the classic lurker. You might have seen me taking up virtual space in the corner as far back as '05 on Syndk8. Had a few smaller web properties I've built and sold, but for the most part I've absorbed information for 1) my day job which requires me to keep on top of changes in a lot of industries and 2) because I love a good game. And marketing in general and SEO in particular is one of the purest games left on Earth.

Anyway, I've been actually DOING the past few months as I've made the time in my life for it. I'm looking forward to sharing my future experiments with everyone. They might be relatively basic for some of you, but they are things I want to discover - and if it helps others in the process that's even better.

Look forward to getting to know more of you in the future. CY

I see what you're saying that most of what Google says is propaganda, but is there any other reason for your switch from White to Black? Were you finding White hat to be less effective? I feel like I get as much power from a good clean white link as I do a huge spam blast, with less risk.

Glad to have you on board and interested in your perspective on this! :smile:
Thanks everyone for the kind welcome!
@TeddyP, honestly, I should not have mentioned white/black hats. IMHO, unless you work for a company whose gears work all together, with people assigned to different teams that work all together towards the same goal (offline and online marketing, content, press, etc), which can lead to viral news that spread naturally and their site getting links on that way, etc etc, it makes no sense to talk about white vs. black. Whatever you do in order to improve your rankings, it goes against Google guidelines, and would be considered black. Yeah, OK, optimizing your titles is recommended by Google maybe, but most of the times you will not reach page 1 by doing only what Google says it's OK.
So, to reply your question "Were you finding White hat to be less effective?", think about those local clients with their sites built in 1999 all in Flash and background music. OK, maybe he's not the kind of clients you want to get, but if you do, you would need to do some things which do not fall 100% in the "white" basket, unless you can charge them enough money to re-build their site, add a blog, create newsworthy content that gain press exposure and links naturally, and even in that case, you will need maybe much more time to give results.
This is a topic covered everywhere, so no sense to keep talking about that here I think, in my poor english... This is just my opinion, and I'm not a guru in nothing at all. So, just wear the hat you like the most, but whatever you pick, put your focus on making money :smile:

Awesome! Welcome to BuSo! Yeah no experiment is too "low level" believe me you'll be helping someone. Sometimes even those that are really experienced may learn something because of your unique perspective or maybe you might do something they never even thought of. I look forward to your contributions!

This is a topic covered everywhere, so no sense to keep talking about that here I think, in my poor english... This is just my opinion, and I'm not a guru in nothing at all. So, just wear the hat you like the most, but whatever you pick, put your focus on making money :smile:

Poor English? Nawww surely you don't really think so? Your English is great! Welcome to BuSo by the way. I agree with you re Google's hats. If you call it SEO it's black hat. Technically, even if you adjust your title tags it's still black hat because you're doing it with the intention of "manipulating" the SERPs.

First things, this seems like a really cool place with lots of high quality content, solid members, and a good environment. I hope I can become a part of this community, learn from it and contribute back to it.

I started as a web developer and gradually developed an interest in SEO. I started to read everything I could about SEO and absorb everything I could find. Then I started to become disillusioned if you will. I started thinking beyond what Google says and want to base decisions more on what Google does. I also started to expand my perspective to other forms of marketing and optimizing websites for humans. Eventually the journey has lead me here, and it seems like a solid place

Welcome to BuSo Sobol. Rather than thinking of the whole experience as leaving you feeling disillusioned, maybe it's better to think of it as leaving you feeling enlightened. Glad to have you aboard.

This place isn't only built for SEO only its built for people who want to success in their IM and learn as much as they can also contribute.

Welcome and enjoy the ride.

Lol! is that spamming or I'm blunt ?

Hello! this is the right place to start learning new segments of knowledge.

I'm already happy to know you visited places like WF and BHU to learn SEO stuff, @CCarter is the man but stay tuned when he drops something new.

Hope you recover that $700 a thousand time and enjoy that with your real family also Builder Society family.

Great to have you here and we're ready to exchange knowledge :smile:

Just keep up trying and don't give up that.

Welcome and have fun !

Hi! Max, time to turn this place into a samurai factory :smile:

A super villain here, great to have you here dude !

Well, I finally registered an account after a few days just reading some topics so it's time to introduce myself:smile: My name is Dankovich and I love reading case studies, experiments and discussing different approaches of ranking websites so that's why I want to join this community.

I hope I can contribute with some case studies in the future. I am mostly busy with ranking affiliate websites and ranking clients of mine with linkbuilding services in my country (not the USA).

Looking forward to participate on this forum!

I'm Karl.

I just found BuSo this morning and from what I've seen so far this forum seems quite awesome.
And now I'm looking forward to share some of my own experience.

Although I suspect my overall IM experience is next to nothing compared to some of you Builders.
However, the last couple of years I've actually made most of my money from affiliate marketing.
Mainly by ranking niche websites.

I've spent the last four months on building something much bigger though.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to increase and share my knowledge here.

Hey @Karl, welcome to BuSo! Doesn't matter how much knowledge you think you know; I'm sure you'll contribute something! Would love to hear more about your affiliate marketing

Welcome @Dankovich! Glad you decided to sign up. I love reading over case-studies too; hope you post some!

Hey @bash glad you signed up! I agree with Lion if you're into telling the story we'd love to hear it. If not that's cool too! Welcome to BuSo

Seriously though.. When I was reading your post all I was thinking was.. haha

ztKetx2.gif

Thanks Hitman! I appreciate that. Haven't got it a thousand-times over.. yet. But I will! Looking forward to bouncing ideas off each other

^ Exactly, SEO is just one piece of the puzzle. We want the people who aren't very versed in SEO to be able to add it to their arsenal, and the people who are 100% focused on SEO to learn that there are a lot of other ways to get traffic too... I can't spill the beans, as usual, or @The Engineer would have a fit .. BUT, we have some projects in mind for the community that should really help open a lot of people's eyes when it comes to generating traffic... (Isn't that right, @CCarter ?) I've said too much.... but hey, it pays to read the intro section...

Welcome to the fam, @CheddahYeti ! Great to have you on board.

Same boat... "long time listener, first time caller..." Nice to be here!

What's up. I'm in the fitness niche. I even lift. I don't want to get into anything too specific. Looking to learn a thing or two about SEO to see if I can bring in some more traffic and hedge my bets so to speak.

Nice to be here.

The new season of trailer park boys on netflix was so good. Short but really good. Netflix keeps bringing back all my favorite shows.

Hey guys/girls!

Really glad to be here. I was glancing through my skype and randomly clicked the link in CC's status and found this great place.

Currently working in a doggy subniche but after some deep testing i'm thinking about expansion :smile:

Looking forward contributing and discussing some cool ideas with you guys.

Couldn't sleep tonight so I decided to get back online and waste some time. Glad I did because I found this place. Looks like a cool forum. I'm an affiliate based on Philly. My brain's kind of dead right now so you'll have to excuse me for a brief intro. Bye for now!

@Romac I lift myself, and I have contemplated giving into the fitness niche. Are you doing affiliate marketing?

Back