Here Come the Hit Pieces About Our SEO Prophet, His Holiness Bill Lambert

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
That thread title is entirely a joke and I have zero investment in this but I find it incredibly funny, because if you follow politics and social issues you'll see the pattern immediately.

Bill Lambert
If you look at this post in our Google Algorithm Updates 2019 thread, I mention a big update that nobody saw coming... except one guy in a random Disqus comment at SERoundTable:

Wh3M4Si.png

This Bill Lambert guy predicted this update to a T and gave guidance to what needs to be done to weather the storm (whether or not that advice was correct, it was specific and made him seem like he knew what he was talking about).

Well, this has Google SHOOK and the gurus in the SEO community are also shaking in their loafers, because the hero we need, Bill Lambert, has undermined them all in one fell swoop.

As far as I can tell, this guy came in and then disappeared, stirring up the rumor mill.

So apparently in the September Core Update post on SERoundTable, he came back into the comments. I can't really keep up with it, but somewhere he said this:

Bill Lambert: "A I explained, prior to an update you will see traffic & metrics like you are used to. This is because while the core algo is updated the various "filters" designed to take your traffic away are not live. While the update rolls you will see flux. Post update you will see traffic levels around where they were prior to the update BUT these will slowly drop away. We are still in filter drop mode. Geo targeting will be out for the next few days too (as it was last week with the test)."​
The problem is his comments appear to have been deleted, and some other ones as well to muddy the waters (CONSPIRACY!!!). I don't know that this is true, it's just what it looks like, and it's so fun and funny that I don't care. There's even a guy trying to pretend to be King Lambert now.

People are starting to spread the Gospel of Lambert around Twitter and forums, enough that Google is responding, because somehow it's now assumed that Bill Lambert is a Google employee :D I can't get over it. I watch LARPs like this grow and play out all the time in other sectors of the internet. I'm not even laying Bill Lambert is a LARP, but that others are so hungry for more info that they're elevating him to a god-like status and fast.

v1PoMca.png

Let's be real. He could be a Google employee and using an alter ego name online. Now, I'm exaggerating when I say Google is "shook." But not about the gurus:
They admit that he's never claimed to be a "Googler or Google spy or someone with inside Google intel." That 2nd post is hilarious if you read it from the perspective of someone desperately trying to discredit our savior, maharaji Bill Lambert.

"My advice, assume Bill is just a troll and not a Googler. It doesn't do you any good anyway to believe he is a real Googler anyway." That's right! It's dangerous to walk the path of light and Lambert! Don't look at him, look at me *snaps fingers in your face* focus on me! "I analyzed all the Bill Lambert comments on this site, looked at many things and I really do not believe he is a real Googler or a Google spy." There's really no need for you to even look into this, I did it for you and I assure you there's nothing there! It's a big nothingburger, can we just forget about this guy?

Anyways, this is too funny, and I'm sure it's going to grow even more now that the fire is being fed. I'll post more here as the story about The Oracle develops.

What’s hilarious is @Grind and I have been talking about Google updates around the 26-29 of each month on twitter for years. Applying filters and removing them and all. No one listened so we skype each other now about them. I guess Billy was listening... hmmm.

Here is a post from nearly 2 years ago of me mentioning it: https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/google-update.3380/#post-34369

@CCarter Nice!
You pointed it out completely correct, and got the post to proove it.

Again: nice

"There is going to be an update the week of Thanksgiving 2019." - Bill Lambert

Last year they attempted to delay it to not cause too much commotion but this year it's happening.

Bwa hahaha this threads getting juicy.

I’m gonna go meme Bill Lambert Ghost for Halloween.

:evil::evil::evil::evil:

Back